The unofficial GUN talk thread

i-wagon

That....is a sexy beast. I've been thinking about a long slide glock with light and red dot. Maybe if I move stuff around a bit I'll do one because that looks nice

Nate

Founding Father
Not cheap.. but I took it out to a training day yesterday. I spent the first hour getting used to looking for the dot instead of the front sight. Then I got dialed in nicely. What workhorse.

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

default_additional_hail.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

I know Nate can probably give me an idea, but what kind of accuracy can be expected of a full size or long slide Glock? My g27 carries good, but I don't shoot it well past about 7 yards. I'd like a full size or long slide to put a light under for nightstand duty/hunting sidearm. Thought about a 1911 after hearing about a friend's Sig scorpion but I'm not sure how the transition would be from striker to hammer fired

inski

The grip/ frame is key for me.  If its a short frame I have to use the single stack guns (M&P Shield, Kahr, XDs, ect) to keep control of that puppy.  But you are correct, the G17s and similar are easy to control resulting in better accuracy. The long slides are $100 on top of everything else.  You'd do well with a G17 or G22.

WaterBoy

Im looking to buy my first handgun.... any recommendations for a 9mm or similar? Friend has a 9 and I love it, very easy to conceal. Not looking to spend a fortune on something I hope I never have to use but want something I know will work if needed.... Anybody on here selling or is that not a good idea?

-KB 

i-wagon

I'm not sure about the baby Glock in 9 (g26) but in a 40 it's very snappy, if you think you want a Glock, sick with the 19. I had a ruger lc9 that I liked, they make them in double action and striker fired depending on what kind of trigger pull you like

Boostin11STI

It all depends on your physical size and what type of clothes you wear. I don't wear baggy clothes. Some people wear clothes baggy enough to conceal a Mossberg 500. I have a friend who carries his G19 IWB, but he wears a sweatshirt or jacket over it.

i-wagon

I wear baggyaenough clothes I've concealed a g17. But I'm a bit chubby and wear shirts in 2x. More I'm losing right and going with smaller shirts I have times I need to be careful with the new carry piece

Had anyone seen or handled the kel-tec cmr-30? I stumbled across it online and think I may want one

Nate

Founding Father
One SBR, One pistol.

The pistol upper is 8" 300aac, and the SBR upper is 10.5" 5.56.  I also have an additional 10.5" 300aac upper I'll be using for hunting.

i-wagon

Anyone been to Howells since the expansion? Whole room just for handguns and ar rifles, classrooms, 13 shooting lanes (25yd) with computerized target holders. Bought something Couple weeks ago, went shooting there with my mother Sunday. Range is very nice, as is the addition

Latest posts

Back