The unofficial GUN talk thread

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
That BS got a few people broken into in NY when the news posted the addresses online.  I can see the same thing happening here. and for what?

inski

Your peers voted for those people.  

Jamey, you can keep a concealed weapon in your car locked up out of sight if you have the CCW permit.  that's what the Employee Protection Measure is for regardless of what your employer says.

I could care less about 100% back ground checks.  I'm leaning towards supporting it. But publicly listing the MOST law abiding gun owners (have done several background checks and state police investigation checks) by making it known who the CCW permit holders are is against the law as far as I'm concerned.  Insurance companies and employers will unconstitutionally use it against you.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Just got a little over 200rds of .223 Wal-Mart in Augusta got a delivery of 5.56 yesterday and no one had been there to buy any yet. it was $13 and change per box.

Nate

Founding Father
Happy customer. Full trigger job with springs, serrated trigger and extended mag and slide release.

20130210_174732_zpsb551bbdd.jpg

Jamey

i just got the plug for mine. waiting patiently  for work from nate
default_smile.png

A1005D7F-0662-4BE2-AEE3-5BBDD6E4080E-1295-000001123602C277_zps69e0f7ca.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

An easy way to contact your representatives. 

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

Follow the steps and they will send the letters to all your reps according to your zip code. It starts with the president and goes on down to your town district rep in Augusta.  Do it or lose it.

Heres the response email I got from Ruger Advocay.

Thank you for taking action on this important issue.

Your message for "Gun Owner Call to Action" was sent on 02/09/2013 07:58 PM to the following recipients:President Barack Obama (D), Vice President Joseph Biden (D), Sen. Angus King (I-ME), Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Gov. Paul LePage (R-ME), Sen. James Hamper (R-ME), Rep. Christine Powers (D-ME), Atty. General William Schneider (R-ME).

brighton

Rally Fluffer
An easy way to contact your representatives. 

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

Follow the steps and they will send the letters to all your reps according to your zip code. It starts with the president and goes on down to your town district rep in Augusta.  Do it or lose it.

Heres the response email I got from Ruger Advocay.

Thank you for taking action on this important issue.[/size]

Your message for "Gun Owner Call to Action" was sent on 02/09/2013 07:58 PM to the following recipients:[/size]President Barack Obama[/size] (D), Vice President Joseph Biden (D), Sen. Angus King (I-ME), Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Gov. Paul LePage (R-ME), Sen. James Hamper (R-ME), Rep. Christine Powers (D-ME), Atty. General William Schneider (R-ME).[/size]
DONE!

inski

Nice!

I got a follow up email from Governor LaPage's office.  I can't copy and paste it here but its just confirming they got my email.  Its working.

Jamey

U said you thought you might have work
default_smile.png
didn't know how this storm was goin effect .. Didn't even make it nh

Impreza05

It's all bs. Putting permit holders on an online datsbase has no purpose. the police can already tell if you have one when they run your license, it isn't anyone's business besides the permit holder and law enforcement
When we run someone it does NOT show up on a license check.

inski

It will be used against you for employment and/or promotions.

That is one of the single most ignorant issues with gun control and its really shocking that its coming from a district rep, someone people thought was intelligent enough to represent them. Maine concealed permit holders are the most law abiding people in the state.  And they've done all the FBI and State Police checks and investigations to prove it.

Gretsch308

It's all bs. Putting permit holders on an online datsbase has no purpose. the police can already tell if you have one when they run your license, it isn't anyone's business besides the permit holder and law enforcement

When we run someone it does NOT show up on a license check.
Same with York County Sheriffs. They don't have the same system as everyone else. The guys at CFPP told us to tell the LEO either way so you don't get ripped out through the window!

inski

Got a response from Pingree's office.  Apparently she's all for hunters' rights and insists congress and the president are obligated to gun reform.

Thinking I should respond and remind them this isn't about hunting anymore.  But, I don't know how to articulate it well.

Impreza05

Same with York County Sheriffs. They don't have the same system as everyone else. The guys at CFPP told us to tell the LEO either way so you don't get ripped out through the window!
Always a good idea to let us know that way you wont end up with any extra holes.

There is no way for any LEO in the state to know if you have a permit. Where they are issued by each dept. there is know way for all to know just yet. Always let us know if there is a weapon on you or in your vehicle for everyones safety involved, we dont know who we are dealing with. We have no idea if your a good guy or a bad guy so we need to be cautious and if that hurts anyones feelings oh well I for one am going home at night.

Latest posts

Back