The unofficial GUN talk thread

inski

that's a decent price.

Nice shootin Muddy!  I like your 10/22.  Looks like mine.  
default_biggrin.png
 except mines not a take down.

Holy skinny Nate!

Nate

Founding Father
I know where there's a bunch, but it's the price that sucks now. Anywhere from $60 to $90 for a 500rd brick.
Please for the love of God DO NOT buy 22 at that price.  That kind of GOUGING will only perpetuate this ammo problem.  Let that ammo sit on the shelf.  The "shortage" is coming to and end, and I see stuff finally regularly hitting shelves middle to the end of summer.  My advice is be ready to buy here and there at NORMAL prices when you see it.  Don't wait till you need a bunch.  

Last edited by a moderator:

MuddyWRX

Agreed as much as I don't like Walmart they are getting it in, and for close to what it was. Paying the high prices only encourages it.

inski

New parts in.  Turns out we already had a 95% lower parts kit.  Its only missing the hammer and trigger pins.  Also, have a YHM "Entry" flash hider.  Getting there.
default_biggrin.png

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Picked this up tonight. Remington Model 770 in 30-06. Came with a scope, but I had a better one I put on. I grabbed a second magazine as well. Just have to sight it in when I get the chance.

i-wagon

Thinking I want to get in to another 10-22, going to have to sell the sr 22 first. If I need a plinking pistol we have a mkii

inski

My son has a 770 in .270.   Its a pretty nice rifle for the money except his has a weird looking gray stock.  I like the camo.

Matt, that sr-22 would be a nice addition to anyone's collection.  Wish I had the cash.

Nate

Founding Father
Got working on this first thing this morning.  Got in my new Windham Weaponry.  Here it is stock:

20130625_071704_zpsbc5a632f.jpg

Here is my pile of parts:

20130625_071801_zps599df850.jpg

And soon as I can chop down the front sight into a low pro gas block, Ill be tossing on a 13" Troy alpha rail.

20130625_082648_zps1e1f2e7a.jpg

Parts as follows:

PWS fsc556 muzzle brake

PWS enhanced buffer tube

Fail zero BCB

Aimpoint H1 (2moa) Larue mount

Magpul Moe furniture and Pmags

Geissele SSA trigger

BCM gunfighter charging handle

Weighs in right under 6.5lbs

inski

Hey!  Nate.  Looks great.

What are you going to do with the original buffer tube, trigger, hammer, charging handle ect?

smelt240

I didn't know that was a video link at first. I was thinking "Now just what in the he$# is that a picture of?" Then I got smarter. Sounds accurate.

Finally got the front sight post reworked into a low pro gas block.  Troy Alpha rail installed.

2013-06-27131841_zps305b2a26.jpg
 Quite sure I know the answer, but how do you like that Aimpoint? Ive never actually looked thru one, other than my 25 year old one. (Aimpoint 1000). Im needing something smallish for my Daewoo DR200....

Nate

Founding Father
 Hey Muddy.... That rail looks familiar...  Haha

Quite sure I know the answer, but how do you like that Aimpoint? Ive never actually looked thru one, other than my 25 year old one. (Aimpoint 1000). Im needing something smallish for my Daewoo DR200....
I can't say enough about it.  I LOVE it!  Its crazy light.  Not the cheapest thing on the market, but not the most expensive either.  Might not be in everyone's budget once you add in the mount.  But you can shop around for those.

But for a nice clean, light weight, quality optic, it fill my needs wonderfully.  Like I said, with that gun set up like it is, and a magazine inserted, the whole gun weighs right at 7lbs.  Planning on a weapon mounted light soon, but the light I want is only 3ozs.  I'll slide the iron sight back a touch and mount it at 12 oclock on the top rail.

MuddyWRX

Yeah it was just a good chance to get some vid of a small fireball. I thought vids used to show up with a play button but not anymore I suppose.

Yeah Nate I thought you might recognize it. Holding up good, and the rifle feels good. Easy to hit a ~8x8 plate free standing at 100 yards, I could shoot that rifle all day. If the ammo was available, of course.

Anyone ever mess with silencers legally of course? I wonder what it actually costs to put one on a 10/22 TD. Something about taking that gun out of the case and assembling it makes me want to put it in a Pelican case, complete with silencer and bipod
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back