Favorite Beers!!!

smosh

I will admit that in 1987 I did not like beer. Our campus was all Busch, all the time. Case of bar bottles was 9.99, I think. 1/4 barrel 19.99, 1/2 barrel 29.99.

Instead I would get a 2-liter bottle of Sun Country and carry that around. There was some puking involved.

Forgive me, it was 1987.

On a brighter note, yesterday I bought 2 cases of Sebago Midnight Porter. It's running out, so I need to stockpile. I cleaned out the Old Port location. Might try to get some more from SoPo...

Love 'em, but not as an appetizer or an entree. I drink wine coolers as a dessert to my meal of adult beverages. This practice started in my fraternity house, where many a young woman would bring their backpack full of Bartles and James and Jack Daniel's "sippers". In an effort to ease the future slampigs' burden, we would offer to store their liquid treasures in the community fridge in the kitchen of the house.

It would be easier for us to assume for the rest of the story that "community fridge" equals "late-night free adult beverage dispenser for brothers financially-challenged or inebriated past the point of common courtesy."

You would not believe how good a Seagram's Strawberry tastes after a night of drinking Bush.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
bottle300_hobgoblin_new_1107.gif

180px-GaeilgeGuinness.jpg

62521.jpg

The Shipyard brews were at one time (many moons ago) on my top list, but now they are just plain poopie. My buddy was a brewer there for 4 years and just transferred to Sebago. He said they are just about the "name/marketing/money" now.

saabaru

^^^ Agreed Shipyard is just OK. So many more I would buy before. Some say Geary's and Shipyard are similiar, as in their Geary's pale and Shipyard Export. I disagree...

All this talking of beer is making me want some Vodka. :laughing1:

ruggedman

^^^ Agreed Shipyard is just OK. So many more I would buy before. Some say Geary's and Shipyard are similiar, as in their Geary's pale and Shipyard Export. I disagree...

All this talking of beer is making me want some Vodka. :laughing1:
Oh Gearys and Shipyard aren't even in the same league. Shipyard is really a budwanker wannabe. They are the scum of the microbrew industry. Maybe some day they'll go back to their roots.

ReZPunK

yeah they do contract brewing for Atlantic Brewery and the quality is far less than that of the original product.

for those who want to know how to tell the difference (since i wrok with the brwery directly) is this, if the bottle cap is painted with the logo its from the original brewery and if its got a plain metal cap its from Shityard. fyi.

saabaru

for those who want to know how to tell the difference (since i wrok with the brwery directly) is this, if the bottle cap is painted with the logo its from the original brewery and if its got a plain metal cap its from Shityard. fyi.
I demand samples to try. Plain or logo cap, doesn't matter... :eek:ccasion14: :eek:ccasion14:

ruggedman

yeah they do contract brewing for Atlantic Brewery and the quality is far less than that of the original product.

Wait when did atlantic stop bottling at their facility?

ReZPunK

Wait when did atlantic stop bottling at their facility?
they didnt, they contract brew out to shityard to help with summer time demand. they also help out with the Root Beer too.

all real ale is brewed and bottled on the island, all shipyard helped with is blueberry soda rootbeer and the blueberry ale.

all the others are still brewed and bottled on island.

Jimbo

I reiterate my previous statement, and say that my favorite beer is the one in my hand.

See, tonight it's Coors Light.
default_smile.png

inski

:eek:ccasion14: Good going Jim!

I put a hurtin on a Michelob rack last night. Now I gotts to poop. :fart:

ReZPunK

i did a small dogfish brewery tour from my house last night.

started with DFH Raison de Etre, then drank the Indian Brown Ale. After that I went big with DFH Midas Touch and capped the night off with a DFH Palo Santo

went to bed with a good buzz too
default_smile.png

seph

since no one has said it yet...

Bodington's

I've been buying four packs of that lately, and I just picked up a four of Murphy's, which is ok, but I like the Bodington's ale better...

240sx gt-s

since no one has said it yet...

Bodington's

I've been buying four packs of that lately, and I just picked up a four of Murphy's, which is ok, but I like the Bodington's ale better...
I read 4 pages of this thread in hopes for someone to say Bodingtons! I thought I as going to have to post it up.

Good choice :thumbsup:

Long Trail Tram Ale and Long Trail Double Bag are decent too (since I didn't see any Long Trails being acknowledged)

ReZPunK

still drinking Budweiser American Ale....

its kinda like a sam adams with out the after taste. there is your 6 pack for cheap. very drinkable.

inski

+1 Bodingtons

Pedro got me some of that once. :eek:ccasion14:

I've been thinking about trying Bud Ale. Problem is I get panicy in the beer isle. For some reason I feel like I have to make a decision quickly and always grab a trusted stand-by (Michelob regular or Molson Ice), or I pick a fancy rack and just about die when I get rung up at the register... "$10.15 for a six pack!?!? Yooz got tobe schittin me!"

Crap! Now I'm thirsty.

Latest posts

Back