07 2.5i-wagon

i-wagon

Brake squeal is getting to be almost unbearable... Can someone say if the centric premium rotor and stop tech street pad package is decent, especially at 225?

i-wagon

That's actually the exact package I wag looking aT. Happy with it?

Side note. Building my own stainless dynomax knock off, but with real stainless. Pictures after it's done (currently about 30%)

i-wagon

I was a bit skeptical of the price, I've done front pads (to early) and those alone were 80

I was a bit skeptical of the price, I've done front pads (to early) and those alone were 80

i-wagon

the start of my dynomax clone. 1/8 stainless body 1/8 stainless pipe offset inlet center outlet. I have the internal pipe cut at the length and angle it needs to be, body fully welded except the top. Should be able to drill 11ty thousand holes in the internal pipe today, maybe harvest the fiberglass packing from the rotten dynomax. My goal is to have a true s+s fab exhaust on by Sunday

i-wagon

muffler done. Reused the packing from the Dynomax. Used some stainless plate that was kicking around and bought pipe. Body was stick welded with 3/32 308 (?) Rod, pipe was all tig. Fun project except the drilling

i-wagon

I'll have to do a video of the cherry bomb and then the custom. And it weighs plenty. Maybe a bit more that the factory axleback

i-wagon

Todays the big day. I'll take video of the cherry bomb then install the custom. Don't have a YouTube account, I'll email it to ally to put on the mainely one

i-wagon

So to begin, the video of the cherry bomb came out terrible, but it pretty much sounded like a Rex with muffler deletes. Real aggressive, but just to loud and too much backfire, it seriously sounded like I was touching off my 22 mag if I downshifted. Also, stick welding exhaust sucks. I didn't want to, but I had some rod for joining stainless and mild steel so I used it. NEW donut gasket didn't stop leak at that flange. But, the new muffler sounds amazing now the fiberglass packing idea freed up., pic and video later

i-wagon

Fixed my midpipe leak today. Took the donut gasket back off, pounded more flake off with a slag hammer, put ultra copper rtv around the pipe the gasket slides over and the back side. Turns out there was 1/32 gap all the way around. Then I got bored and did the Hellas yellow like my fog lights. Pictures eventually, Baby's being cute and giggly :)

i-wagon

So Inski seemed pretty confident I can adjust my valves myself, just watched a how to online, seems pretty simple, and I can look at my timing idlers while I'm in there. Need to buy feeler gauges, and a bigger friggin tool box to keep everything in. Hopefully this adjustment quiets it down a bit

i-wagon

Alldata printout in my possession, had a demonstration on how it works on a head that was on a bench. Getting valve cover gaskets and spark plug tube seals tomorrow. Probably taking a trip to Houlton Saturday, coming back Sunday Monday off so I'll probably do it then

Latest posts

Back