2011 New England Forest Rally

brighton

Rally Fluffer
10 DAYS OUT, BUMP! Please, Please, Please consider volunteering for NEFR. You will get the satisfaction of helping make the event possible.
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

NEFR worker sign-up form (LINK).

Thanks again for everyone that is already signed up to work. See everyone up there soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

brighton

Rally Fluffer
If you have real rally service experience. There is a gentlemen from S.Stage that needs your help.

It is the Ford Focus with the flags flying off the back from last year.

NEFR CREW CHIEF NEEDED

ReZPunK

I have been Simons crew chief before, he is a class act like pedro said. he goes fast and does very little damage. his codriver this year is Angela Cosner and she is a very hip cool young lady.

I will ask him this afternoon if he is indeed still looking.

Stein

Stein
I just got bumped off of the Stage 1 Crew. Jim, I can't tell if you were on the list of people still on the crew or not.

I don't know who I'm working with yet, I'll hopefully get an email in the next few days.

Jimbo

I just got bumped off of the Stage 1 Crew. Jim, I can't tell if you were on the list of people still on the crew or not.

I don't know who I'm working with yet, I'll hopefully get an email in the next few days.
I've got you on our team for both Friday and Saturday. You'll get an email in the next couple of days, but if you don't: email me at james.c.obrienATgmailDOTcom, or call/text me at TWOzero7, 2THREEthree, 2THREE7zero.

Jimbo

Hey, folks - I need course marshals out the yin-yang!! If you're interested, email me at james.c.obrienATgmailDOTcom, or call/text me at TWOzero7, 2THREEthree, 2THREE7zero.

If you're on the way from Portland to Sunday River, I may even be able to offer a ride. Leaving Portland Wednesday morning, returning Thursday midday, then heading back to Sunday River Thursday evening (9PM depart from Portland...stupid summer classes.)

Stein

Stein
You're not in Yarmouth any more?

I kind of want a ride, but I should probably have a car with me in case anything happens to/with my brother. We'll see.

And am I set to road marshal or course marshal?

Also, is Newry just sort of a central location for all the stages you're working?

Jimbo

I am in Yarmouth - though it's close enough to Portland to use it as a reference.

We have you listed as "marshal", which doesn't really mean anything. All we know so far (like 90% anyway) is that you won't be in charge of drunk herding (unless we learn that drunk herders didn't show up as planned or something.)

Sunday River is the race hq - take a look at the following link to a bunch of maps of the stages:

Final Supplimental Rules & Regulations (and info)

As you'll see in that bigass .pdf, we're kind of all over the place.

Jimbo

Great response! We picked up two more volunteers as a result of yesterday's post
default_smile.png

We still need a few more, though. Did I mention you get a ton of rally swag for volunteering? I should have mentioned that, I think.

Rallytech14

this is going to be a very difficult thing to attend...id have to convince school to let me take classes in the morning

which would require a fake doctors note from my moms work.

then 120 mile drive to saco. then 90 miles too mexico...

putting me there at like 4:30-5:00

so that's like, just enough time to catch the bus to concord pond...? anything else? im having a little bit of trouble reading these schedules. concord pond isn't even on the "spectator area open times"

would what I can see friday night be worth all that effort?

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Copy and paste from Matt Kennedy:

Sign-ups were down significantly this year, and to add to the low turn-out, since the weekend we've had a dozen or more people that had signed up tell us they now can't make it. If you were planning on going to spectate please consider signing-up to help work the rally.

As a worker you get:

- Primo viewing locations along the route (away from the masses of spectators)

- The chance to drive down the same roads as the competitors

- Free SWAG (shirts and other goodies)

- The satisfaction that you helped the event take place as scheduled, rather than the remorse of knowing that you could have helped prevent having to possibly delay or cancel stages because we didn’t have enough workers and had to move around the few we did have.

Stages run Friday afternoon and early evening, and all day Saturday. If you can help at any of those time we'd greatly appreciate it. If you are able to help please sign in at registration, which is at the South Ridge Welcome Center (up the road past the main "Grand Summit" lodge) at the Sunday River Ski Resort. Times are as follows:

Thursday: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Friday: 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM

Saturday 6:30 AM - 7:00 AM

Also, there is a workers meeting on Friday at 9:00 AM at the South Ridge Welcome Center.

Thanks and Please spread the word!

Matt Kennedy

Chief of Controls and Stage Crew #2 Captain

ReZPunK

excitement is starting to set in..

Come by the DoublePlus Racing Service tent and pick up your DPR Team shirts we will have for sale!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back