Another old Subaru-1990 Loyale build

SUBARUDE

I just think like yours should have square tubing cause how the loyale body's are so square and sharp edges were your brat round tubing looks good.unlike the bumpers up above they have both square stock and round tubing which looks like crap in my mind lol

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I just think like yours should have square tubing cause how the loyale body's are so square and sharp edges were your brat round tubing looks good.unlike the bumpers up above they have both square stock and round tubing which looks like crap in my mind lol
I do hear what you're saying, I just hate the sharp and sudden edges on square tubing, it just doesn't "flow" as well I don't think. I also don't want a big main bumper beam, that might look too big, and cumbersome on the front of a Smaller vehicle.

IBratmanI

I know you said no round tubing, but here's another on I kinda like.

And I found this pic while searching Google for pics lol

Matt

Those are very cool. Needs a lot of skid plate though with the headers and oil pan being right there.

IBratmanI

I like the tubed on as well, but I really want aluminum for weight reasons. And yeah, there will be a good skid plate for sure. the header won't hang down like the stock one, but it'll need a good skid plate for the oil pan for sure!

IBratmanI

Shipped the harness out a few days ago. He got it yesterday and said he should have it ready to ship on Monday.

IBratmanI

Got the EJ22 all resealed and all new timing components and water pump installed last night with the help of Burleigh. Cleaned everything up in the parts washer so it looks better than it did too. Now it's all installation. He's moving into a new shop soon so hopefully things will move along quicker.

IBratmanI

This is being driven to the shop tomorrow after work. And hopefully soon after that will be getting torn in to!

smelt240

Should have read this before the spotted post...   So the Burly one is over there at Crossroads now?  Those guys have built some really nice looking GM buggies in the past.  By the way,after driving by and seeing it in person, I am quite sure I can say you have the meanest looking wagon I have ever seen. Hands down.  

IBratmanI

Should have read this before the spotted post... So the Burly one is over there at Crossroads now? Those guys have built some really nice looking GM buggies in the past. By the way,after driving by and seeing it in person, I am quite sure I can say you have the meanest looking wagon I have ever seen. Hands down.
Yeah my friend Burleigh owns that business. He just recently moved from next door to have more room for his stuff. Feel free to stop in there and say hi and tell him who you are. I'll be there some night next week after work too.

IBratmanI

Got the old engine out, along with all the A/C stuff under the hood, and the condenser. Old radiator is out, and the entire exhaust system. So it's ready to start putting all the new stuff back in now. Hopefully this week. Been really busy at my buddy's shop.

Latest posts

Back