ANTI-SEIZE PSA BY CHRIS (NSFW LANGUAGE)

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
HOLY fudge PEOPLE USE FUCKIN ANTI-SEIZE.

WHAT, might you ask is anti-seize? IT'S FUCKIN GOLD IN A JAR!!! Even though it's a silver colour.

It's wonderful shit that makes your life easier.

It makes the life of the next person to work on your car eisier, it makes the universe go around more happily.

It even gets you FUCKIN LAID (I'll explain later).

WHY, might you ask, would one use anti-seize?

If you have to ask this question you've never worked on a car in Maine. Seriously, you don't know what the fudge you're doing if you've never said "I FUCKIN WISH THE LAST PERSON WHO PUT THIS GOD DAMN FASTENER IN USED FUCKIN ANTI-SEIZE."

If you've never spend an entire FUCKIN HOUR removing one fastener, you are a lucky FUCKIN bastard, but still don't understand why anti-seize is a good thing.

But for those of you who may just be getting into working on cars... If you use this magic stuff when you put thing back together... the fasteners won't FUCKNG SEIZE!!!

This means that when you take it apart again in two years you won't break bolts off, break captive nuts in FUCKIN impossible to get to places. Thus necessitating you to cut FUCKIN holes in your car and weld new FUCKIN captive nuts in!

You might say "but Chris, I'm gonna have a wicked ballah job in 2 years, I don't give a fudge if things seize up!!! I'll pay my FUCKIN mechanic!"

You'll spend so much FUCKIN money having your car fixed because all the seized up shit you'll be broke and living in a cardboard box on the street. Use FUCKIN anti-seize.

AND BEST OF ALL. ANTI-SEIZE GETS YOU FUCKIN LAID!

Let's say you have this really hot girl for a date, and you're driving along and your FUCKIN ball joint breaks and your car zips off the road into the ditch. Now, normally YOU'RE FUCKED! BUT, behold ANTI-SEIZE!

Fortunately you read my FUCKIN PSA and used ANTI-SEIZE!!

You pull out your FUCKIN swiss army knife and because you used ANTI-SEIZE the FUCKIN ball joint comes out like butter. And you take the spare ball joint out of your FUCKIN glove box and install it. OF COURSE WITH ANTI-SEIZE!!!

And now you just FUCKIN FIXED YOUR CAR WITH A SWISS ARMY KNIFE!!! SHE'LL THINK YOU'RE FUCKIN MACGYVER!

YOU'LL GET LAID SO HARD AFTER YOU DATE YOU'LL POP ANOTHER FUCKIN BALL JOINT!

So if you all heed my PSA your life will be so much FUCKIN better, and you'll have me to thank for it!

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO. Anti-sieze has kept my exhaust bolts all nice and clean. On a ship EVERYTHING gets a coat of antisieze. You won't find much worse corrosion there(1/4" pipes that rust through in a matter of a couple years sometimes).

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
It's an open ended rant because I've worked on a lot of cars in the last year. And I've had a lot of stuck shit.

When I worked in the shop, the oxy/ace torch made a daily appearance to get stuff apart.

Mighty Subie

I love never seize. or anti seize if you want to call it that. I have the higher temp stuff and the regular stuff. I use it all the time. My old man taught me to and I have ever since I was young. I yell at people who don't use it.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I was working on this boat. I was changing the cutlass bearing. The bearing that's underwater for the prop shaft.

This boat was aluminum and it had stainless set screws into aluminum under salt water for 8 years.

The people who put it together last were very kind and used anti seize. And guess what? They came right out! No fuss, just came out like they'd gone in yesterday. I was in awe. I think I stood there in disbelief for 5 minutes.

Mighty Subie

I was talking about the stuff with the red cap that comes in a little blueish tube, that's what you meant right????

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I was talking about the stuff with the red cap that comes in a little blueish tube, that's what you meant right????
There are a lot of different types of the stuff. They all work pretty well.

I use this one, it makes a mess all over the place. But it works really well, and isn't too expensive.

It boils down to; using anti-seize is better than not using anything. So it doesn't really matter what kind you use. Basically it's something to keep the threads from rusting and fusing, anything that does that wins.

antiseize%20006.jpg

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I was making a joke about this::

108774_front200.jpg
HAHA
default_biggrin.png

Speaking of red loctite... On that very same boat. I was taking out a 3gal expansion tank from the fresh water system. It was mounted with rubber mounts, much the same as engine mounts. A stud on each side connected together with rubber for vibration purposes. It was like 6mm hardware

Some fuckin' asshole decided to put it together with RED FUCKIN' LOCTITE! Made up for the saved time on the cutlass bearing.

Anti-sieze is good for many applications. Generally if it needs loctite it will say somewhere. Anti-sieze also aids in getting a true torque. When reassembling something the best idea is to run thread chasers over everything you can and put some anti-sieze on.

Oh, they make some anti-sieze with copper in it.

Zach

I wish the last guy that took my front subframe off used this stuff would of saved me 4 drill bits. Every screw i take off of my car has this stuff on it when it goes back in.

Latest posts

Back