Apkarian100's 2002 MBP WRX Wagon

apkarian100

Vendor
Big props to Bren Tuning today, totally different car now that it's tuned. I didn't get a road dyno tune, but Bren estimated 275-280 WHP for now. The car is only set right now for 15 psi because my clutch started slipping at anything above 15 psi. Couple the new clutch disc with the FMIC and intake about to go on, Bren sees me going over 300 WHP.

apkarian100

Vendor
Here's a nice pic of the finished product from the exhaust painting:

SAM_0875.jpg

apkarian100

Vendor
Did a little more painting today. Wanted to get rid of those ugly front amber side markers.

Painted side markers:

SAM_0877.jpg

Before:

SAM_0282.jpg

After:

SAM_0878.jpg

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I thought that a resurfaced FW and a worn PP = bad ... whatever. Not my car! ahah.

apkarian100

Vendor
I didn't have $522 for the ACT heavy duty pressure plate and the Exedy pressure plate cannot be bought separate. The pressure plate on the car is heavy duty, a lot more firm than stock. I'll stick to my plan for now, but if I find my clutch starting to slip again, then yes, I'll replace the PP.

I know of someone on NES running a stock Exedy PP and ACT disc like me, and is still holding 340 hp / 345 hp a year later, no problems. I won't even touch those numbers for a while, and that's all I need the clutch to last for. Then on the next clutch replacement, I'll do both the disc and PP.

I thought that a resurfaced FW and a worn PP = bad ... whatever. Not my car! ahah.

Last edited by a moderator:

apkarian100

Vendor
Correct. I am unsure though of the difference between the 6 speed PP and the 5 speed PP, but I can't see it causing 40 less hp or 40 less tq. (Bren assumes I'll be at 300whp after the new clutch, FMIC, intake, and re-tune, so I'm gauging my estimate WHP and WTQ off that.) Someone explained to me at one point also that on such a fragile tranny as the one I have, you want a clutch setup a little under the rated power you are trying to achieve, to protect that tranny longer from blowing up. If I were to buy the whole ACT street clutch setup, I would be able to hold power up to 429wtq, which, in this case, I don't really want to, in fear of my tranny breaking.

Yeah jwebstah right?

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
that's cool, and those are some pretty impressive numbers. I want to upgrade my clutch at some point. But I'm not looking forward to the cost!!!

Latest posts

Back