Autocross 2007 Discussion

I'll definitely be at storyland. ive only autocrossed once before, and that was with an mx3 with a KL-ZE in it. i had dunlop sp sports on and i couldn't stop spinning. they definitely frowned on that...

but i've bettered myself, and got my subie. now, i have a lightweight crank pulley, and an intake externally. reground cams and sti headgaskets internally. and a larger than stock wing. what class would i be in?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I think SM.. but that is only because of the Cam.. could be SP..

Ralli? input.. I am not sure where the 98-01 RS's bump with a Cam

prez25rs

Unfortunately i am. Wasn't planning on it but after reading about mods for classes found my rear disk conversion will bump me up. I have autoXed a grand total of once before, so i won't be terrible lost. I'm not expecting to be a huge competitor, just going to be there to have fun and learn.
BTW: Can't f*cking wait!!!
Yea at some point i'll do the wrx front rotor and h6 rear rotor which would put me in stx also, but i think ill just stick to pads and lines for now. so sts for me. buttt if all goes well maybe i'll be SM by the end of the season (or whatever class a rex swap puts me)

akinaspeedstar

so a question about numbers. i really don't care one bit what my number is, but i don't want to step on anyones toes and just pick numbers out of the blue. i guess i prefer later numbers so i can watch the people in front of me, but i really have no prefrence. any ideas on picking numbers? and 555 is out :-
default_redface.gif

ralli

so a question about numbers. i really don't care one bit what my number is, but i don't want to step on anyones toes and just pick numbers out of the blue. i guess i prefer later numbers so i can watch the people in front of me, but i really have no prefrence. any ideas on picking numbers? and 555 is out

ruggedman

So Antonio are you running STX this year? I was hoping it'd be me, you, and matt howe (maybe pedro a few events) this year in DS. Doesn't sound like it though ???

Sounds like we'll have a quite a few subies at storyland >
default_smile.png
SICK.

ralli

so.... im hosed. that clutch puts me in street modified. hahahahaha!! now THAT ought to be funny!
I always understood it as an OEM type clutch.. I dont know if that saves you as all.. it may.. I know of others that didnt have FACTORY clutches.. but had OE 'type' clutches that were more preformance based.. I also dont know how that would hold up on a protest.

Yeah I am going with STX.. more power is oh so much more fun. But still.. I can't put down the power numbers that you are still... so if I beat you one street tires and you are one race rubber.. you have no excuses >
default_smile.png
hehe

akinaspeedstar

yeah im gonna email them and ask. since it isn't like a puck clutch or anything and i don't have anything to back it up. im pretty sure it's just a uprated street clutch. hell i'll race in prepaird. if theres only two other guys racing in it i'll always get third! haha

ralli

yeah im gonna email them and ask. since it isn't like a puck clutch or anything and i don't have anything to back it up. im pretty sure it's just a uprated street clutch.

akinaspeedstar

so who do i ask about the clutch?? or do i just keep quiet until someone has a problem with it? cause it's not like im gonna be competive at all. i'm probaly gonna be loseing to kids in mini vans. so does it really matter?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
there is an email list of the Solo people on the SCCA site. send one of them an email. there is one that is for rule clarifications.

EvilAsPie

So i'm looking into buying some autox tires that i can daily drive without too much trouble. And of course i like to get the best price.

TireRack has a deal on Dunlop Direzza DZ101.

Anybody have any experience with these tires? I've read the reviews on TR, seams to be kinda mixed. One guy w/a WRX who seamed to know what he was taking about had good things to say.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Kumho SPT is going to be your best bet for a grippy tire with good rain manners. And they are less expensive than most of the other tires in that category.

ruggedman

so who do i ask about the clutch?? or do i just keep quiet until someone has a problem with it? cause it's not like im gonna be competive at all. i'm probaly gonna be loseing to kids in mini vans. so does it really matter?
As long as your not setting your class on fire no one in CMC will care. It's gentleman's rules, not a police SS squad patrolling the events...if once you do a few events you start to improve though you'll open yourself up for some protests if people get upset. A clutch doesn't do much for ya in an autox since you're not usually shifting, in fact i'm surprised it's not an STX/STU friendly mod. :-

Latest posts

Back