Battery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stein

Stein
Yaaay, I get to buy a new battery!

default_additional_sillylol.gif

So what do you guys use for batteries? How much did it cost you? Would you recommend it?

Thanks
default_additional_sillylol.gif

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Optima!! I have had the red top for something like 5 years now, and it's still works great!!

Stein

Stein
Wow, $160 + 10 for shipping for the Red Top (group 35). I suppose if it lasts long then its worth it.

Do you guys think it would be cheaper at a local brick&mortar rather than buying straight from optima?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I got mine at VIP, but I'm not asure if they still carry them or not. I was lucky, I was given 100 dollar gift card to VIP, so that's what I got!!

Stein

Stein
The VIP is really small in Yarmouth, I doubt they'd have a large selection of batteries. There's another one, slightly larger, across the street from VIP, its either Advance or AutoZone or something, but I think its a lot more expensive.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
The VIP is really small in Yarmouth, I doubt they'd have a large selection of batteries. There's another one, slightly larger, across the street from VIP, its either Advance or AutoZone or something, but I think its a lot more expensive.
You've got a car now. 295 to portland.

The small stores are just shipping depots for the bigger warehouse stores. I could go to the Gray napa for parts and have them tell me they'll have it in a day, or I could just drive to the westbrook warehouse.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I would just get an interstate if I was you and save your money. There is no reason you need a red top.

TheNailman

Warcock
ive still got my factory battery in my 05 wrx. still cranks fine on the coldest of mornings.

granted, when this one goes, i will get an optima, and relocate it to the trunk. probably.

Stein

Stein
I've been toying with the idea of putting it in the trunk, but I feel like even though it sounds simple, it won't end up being easy.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
just get a regular battery unless you are winching or having of the huge audio systems.

Nate

Founding Father
So, I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

I personally think (take this for what its worth) that you need to just be worried about getting in your car and having it start every time, and get you where you're going. Picking up a couple buddies and heading to the movies, not swapping motors. Being the age you are, and this being your first car, nothing else is important really. You are also not affording this car on your own.

A new battery definitely falls in the category of al excellent idea, but doing things like moving your battery to your trunk, not suck a good idea.

You have to take a step back and also realize that you're driving a 11 year old car that in the end isn't worth doing things like full car paint jobs and Red Top batteries relocated to the trunk. You would be throwing money at this car (that you don't have) that you will NEVER get back out of it. Once you are out of school, and get to the self sufficient point where you can flush money down the drain on your car like everyone else. Then go wild.

Drive the tires off this thing. Get yourself through high school and college. If you still have it and love it then, toss some money at it. You haven't yet, but you WILL stuff this car in a snow banking. Don't worry you don't have much into it. Your dumbass friend WILL back into it with his first car. Don't worry you don't have much into it. You WILL spill an entire big gulp on the passenger seat be accident. Don't worry you don't have much into it. Get where I'm going with this.

I had the oppertunity to buy my first vehicle from my dad. I had to pay for it on my own, but it allowed me to get into a low miles reliable vehicle for much less then it was worth. (Thanks dad). I did nothing but drive the crap out of it through high school and commuted to college. You know what, when I got out of school, I still have a low miles truck that I loved. But it had a bent bumper from sliding off the road, dings dents and scratches. I went out and took out a small personal loan on my own, and bought some wheels and got a paint job on the truck, and lowered it. Then I made it my own.

/rant/advice

As for the battery just go buy yourself a decent middle grade battery. Chances are the battery you have now has lasted 11years. The next one you buy will last longer then you need as long as you don't kill it by leaving a dome light on or something. Put it in the stock location, and enjoy!

Stein

Stein
^ It's only 5 or 6 years old
default_smile.png

But yeah, it definitely makes sense not to put much money into it. I'm going to try and make a shift boot today, but that's free with a bit of work.

What's the difference between the battery sizes on those three interstates? Is it just an optical illusion that the MT-35 is taller? Can anybody here actually answer that question
default_smile.png
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back