Bridgton Local Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamey

its goin to snow tomorrow

default_additional_lol2.gif

KamB

Kam Berry
What time will you be passing through windham? Ill probably head onto 35 and check out all the cars. Look out for a blue dodge creepin
default_tongue.png

Rmayo

well that sucked... drove an hour through shitty traffic to get there, then got pinched off leaving the parking lot... stuck behind slow cars, too much traffic to pass and never saw the group again... said F that and drove an hour back home.

cwiggin

I had to bail, coildnt keep up, wasnt going 80 90 just to keep up passing every car, with my kids in the car. Cant afford a ticket

plus had to stop, my daughter had to use the bathroom, never would of caught up

Last edited by a moderator:

wzrd

Im not used to driving with a group so before we left i specificly asked if there were any rules we would be abideing by for the drive.....I heard none......I then offered to take the front [as i have a radar detector] or pull up the rear,hearing nothing..I then joked all bets were off after turing onto rte 114....

I am old enough to drive to my comfort zone and not go past it just cause im with the group ......

We all have the option to shut it down if the need arises.......So  yah.....there were some who push the envelope a bit further then others,and i got my ass handed to me by lesser cars,but all in all i thought it was a great sunday morning rush.....You guys can drive

Maybe next time we could have stoping points along the route for re-grouping during the drive...

I surely hope no one was upset with my driving,i ment no disrespect to M.S,             just running with the pack.......

well that sucked... drove an hour through shitty traffic to get there, then got pinched off leaving the parking lot... stuck behind slow cars, too much traffic to pass and never saw the group again... said F that and drove an hour back home.
I believe we waited till atleast 10:15 before we left the parking lot

Rmayo

I made it to the lot, but pulling out to start the drive was the last I saw of anyone and we were doing 65ish

I was doing 65ish too, got passed by everyone, I said f it, and left
I would have too.

A few things that the groups of ATV's I used to ride with did:

Headlights always on

Reasonable speeds 90% of the time

At turns wait for the person behind you

Stopping points to regroup

Have a dedicated preplanned leader

Radios with a few people (at least first and last person)

Leader and last stay where they are in line

MMMayo

my first time driving my own car at a "group" drive and there was zero group driving. pretty sweet. made my day.

wzrd

OK....so if this run was ac fail,we learn from our mistakes and make the next drive a bit more offical and talk about the groups driving expectations before we even start.......

hooligansti

I was wondering what the deal was with people being left behind, communication and such. I don't go on many drives with big groups either so I wasn't sure what to expect or what the focus really was. I felt as though if I fell back I was outta luck and I had no idea where we were going so I just kept pace. We weren't really driving fast the whole time it's just people got broken up with traffic and it wasn't very organized. That's where the main fail happened here. 

I'll rip or cruise no matter to me. I just like being out there driving. Took a nice roundabout route back to Kittery, love the roads around here. Sorry to those who got stuck in traffic. I think maybe the OP should have a plan for this next time as it's bound to happen people pulling in and out, lights, etc. I usually go for drives with two or three other cars tops so it's a little different as we know our deal and it's no biggie to pull over and wait if we lose one.

Anyway, nice meeting the few of you I met today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back