Clean Gr wrb hatch

jojo69

Looking good man!! How's the cargo space in the hatch? I'm thinking of trading my leggy for an 09 hatch
Its nice. I haven't had to carry major items other than 4 tires which fit nicely after I put the rear seats down. So far no complaints!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jojo69

A little more alcantara love and mods:

Legacy/wrx hybrid center console (wrapped of course).

Benefits: cleaner inside with the center slider seen in legacy's and sti's.

A-pillars wrapped as well just cuz. I'm leaning towards blacking out the whole cabin but need to save a whole lot more of $$ for the OEM pieces and more alcantara.

Crappy cell pics.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

jojo69

intererior looks good man, that must feel nice  on the steering wheel while driving
Thanks. The wrapped steering wheel is one of the interior mods I appreciate the most. Winter and summer, it's always the same temp. It's nice, plush and for an oem wheel, feels better in the hand since it's a bit wider. Sure not as nice as the gtspec-style out there, but a lot cheaper. 

jojo69

A HUGE THANKS to  

Industry for helping me take my oem exhuast off and putting in the Nameless cbe!

A job well done despite spending twice as much time enlarging the oem gasket holes to fit new bolts (since the oem bolts sheered/snapped when we tried to take them off). Awesome dude! Thanks a ton!

brycetron

Looking great.  While Im having Jason paint up my headlights some time I can get some pointers on doing the console.  I dipped my silver pieces because the previous owner scratched them to shit.  I would much prefer wrapping them as a permanent solution. 

jojo69

Looking great.  While Im having Jason paint up my headlights some time I can get some pointers on doing the console.  I dipped my silver pieces because the previous owner scratched them to shit.  I would much prefer wrapping them as a permanent solution.
Anytime. I'd be happy to help out if/when you want to wrap yours. It's really isn't that hard, it's just the alcantara that's freakin expensive unfortenately! I'm always happy to help out! Just let me know and we can figure something out.

jojo69

Impulse bought some High beam (9005) Led's.

Bulbs are made of 2x Cree MT-G2 led's rated at 3000 lumens.

After some comparison, realized that they look suspiciously similar to vled's version. After talking to the china rep, they confirmed that they supplied vled's with the same high beam! So I decided to take a chance and try them out.

Here are some pics. Sorry, the output via my phone camera is pretty meek to say the least. Real life output is pretty nice!

If anyone wants to by some, let me know and I will forward you to the supplier. 

Note: although vleds' assured me that their version does work as drls', the ones I got did not. The chinese rep told me that their product "is designed with wide
working voltage DC 7.5, 8-28V. Since the subaru drl voltage is within that range, the highbeam are on ful blast in 'drl' mode. I am not sure how vled's is able to change that, but that is what I noticed. As such, I disabled Drl's.

IMG_20140730_114458_zps19dml7cj.jpg

IMG_20140730_114539_zpsrvxzy903.jpg

IMG_20140730_160630_zps18il4m62.jpg

IMG_20140730_160708_zpsjvnwgms8.jpg

I was unable to capture the difference of the high beams on and the spread/width they have with my phone camera. My eye could detect the increased output, but not my camera. I will try to update with night shots when I am able to show the high beam's impact.

Overall, a very happy purchase at half price what they retail via vleds website. I dont mind not having drl's anyhow. Led's have less than 1hr on them. time will tell how they last through fall and winter!

jojo69

FINALLY got my STI led mirrors project DONE! 

A WiCkEd BIG thanks to Josh for helping me with the electrical side of the wiring. 

The good news is that the led's were fairly straight forward to do, the heated mirrors a lot more of a pain. But we got it done! 

All works well! 

Led's make the car look more complete IMO. 

Here are some pics. Kinda of hard to time the mirrors and take a cell pic at the same time. 

Next project is the headlights... Got it all done, I just need a heated garage, oven and some time to get the alignment proper and seal it all back... It may happen this winter or next spring... Few random pics of parts below... 

IMG_20141126_095946_zps24183033.jpg

IMG_20141126_095801_zpse07e75cc.jpg

IMG_20141126_120005_zps6e691007.jpg

mock up

IMG_20141126_120052_zps67ef13bd.jpg

Ballast will be gen3 matsushita d2s and Osram Nightbreaker D2s bulbs! Can't wait to finish this project! : )

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Looks great J, definitely adds a nice touch. Very clean.

Lights look good too, my headlights are in desperate need for some attention. I want to retrofit the Bi-xenon Morimoto hid kit to my headlights, but I'm not sure if I want to attempt it myself. Seems fairly easy overall though. Still have to do a lot more research. +1 to doing it right 
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

jojo69

Looks great J, definitely adds a nice touch. Very clean.

Lights look good too, my headlights are in desperate need for some attention. I want to retrofit the Bi-xenon Morimoto hid kit to my headlights, but I'm not sure if I want to attempt it myself. Seems fairly easy overall though. Still have to do a lot more research. +1 to doing it right 
default_additional_thumbsup.gif
thanks.

yeah, if you have the extra cash, i'd go with other projector than morimoto's just cuz out the box, oem projectors perform better period. Especially in such big housing that your gen has, I'd go with some TL's, RX's or FX's anyday of the week! Yeah, the ONLY really important piece is the rotational adjustment and making sure that you are as level as possible when you secure the projector to your housing. You can always be ingenius and create a separate roational adjustment, but that's really the most key aspect, everything else is fairly straight forward. If you need a hand, don't hesitate to let me know! Always happy to help a fellow enthousiast!

jojo69

Anything new happened new with this jojo?
I've been slacking to b honest. Not even able to attend meets. Nah, got the 60k service a few weeks ago. Last mods were the retrofit/black out lens. May need to re-seal current ones or sell them and make a new set before winter.

Really not sure what next mods would be, either performance or aesthetics... For right now, Enjoying her daily!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Well good to know you and the car are still alive and kickin! Hopefully you'll find the time to make it out to some meets!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Pretty sure I saw you driving northbound on 295 around 11 today! I was driving my dad's truck so you wouldn't have noticed me

Latest posts

Back