Clean Gr wrb hatch

jojo69

woke up early to get it cleaned b4 the sun rose above the roof! 

Used Gary Dean's Suds O bubbles 1st time today. 

2 bucket method.

blowed to dry 

IUDJ exterior & interior QD'd after for final swipe down.

PERL sampler for tire shine

results 

I was quite happy with the soap. tons of suds when i used the sponge, less suds with chenille, understandably so.

Will have to try in foam gun next time. Good cleaning power. To me it felt like a nice glossy finish before the QD pass. Not sure what Gary put in this, but the experience and outcome are very nice!   

Smell was nice, on the cherry candy-kind of smell. Pink color in bottle turning purplish when diluted with water. 

Nice lubricity. 

As soon as my Meg's bottle is done, I'll have to get a bigger bottle! 

Oh, and upgraded Plug&play subaru HU:  from USDM Clarion CZ624U1 to EDM Forester Clarion CP435L1. 

I'm enjoying a seemingly better quality of sound output from both oem speakers and oem under seat woofer. 

Marino

I <3 BOOST
sexy
default_wink.png

How did you like collinite 845? I bought some to wax and hoping I have time this weekend will be claying/waxing

jojo69

sexy
default_wink.png

How did you like collinite 845? I bought some to wax and hoping I have time this weekend will be claying/waxing
Been using it since I moved to the North East abt 3 years ago. Easy to wipe on & off when u apply super thin coat, as in SUPER thin!
default_wink.png
Great protection, especially if you follow the cure time & 2 coats! Not the best in it's class for depth per se, but great shine & durability! If you haven't seen this page, check it out! --> http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/40243-collinite-845-definitive-how-guide-legendary-wax.html

AND don't forget, it goes on plastics as well! How cool is that! I also use it on rims
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Been using it since I moved to the North East abt 3 years ago. Easy to wipe on & off when u apply super thin coat, as in SUPER thin!
default_wink.png
Great protection, especially if you follow the cure time & 2 coats! Not the best in it's class for depth per se, but great shine & durability! If you haven't seen this page, check it out! --> http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/40243-collinite-845-definitive-how-guide-legendary-wax.html

AND don't forget, it goes on plastics as well! How cool is that! I also use it on rims
default_wink.png
sweet thanks for the link! yeah I read that the key is definitely to apply it THIN!
default_additional_sillylol.gif
pretty cool you can use it on rims and plastic, will have to try that!
default_biggrin.png

jojo69

sweet thanks for the link! yeah I read that the key is definitely to apply it THIN!
default_additional_sillylol.gif
pretty cool you can use it on rims and plastic, will have to try that!
default_biggrin.png
Yeah I think it was autopia, but some member did a comparison between a well known dedicated plastic pdct vs. #845  and collinite came out better. Can't beat that and most peeps don't know
default_smile.png

jojo69

Well thanks to Jason, I finally finished the lower section of the center console... this has been nagging at me for a while. 

Finished product. pics courtsey of Mr. Overland
default_wink.png

jojo69

update: 

Rear wiper delete a few weeks ago. Need to take picture when car is clean...

Just installed last night my used FW602US (navigation system) in car. A huge thanks to Jason with the assistance. Although we had the harness, it didn't end up being as plug & play as it was supposed to be.... But in the end, it's all done & works perfectly. 

Finished today with the rear backup camera install (kenwood ccd2000). Decided to hide it behind the rear hatch trim as opposed to stuck to it. It was a Pain in the ass to do, but happy with results. I was going to drill 2 holes and secure it with bolts but ended up just using 3m tape for now. If it  doesn't hold past the winter, i'll bolt it. 

And hopefully TP stg1 flash very soon! 

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Any specific reason for the rear wiper delete? I can't imaging driving in the winter without one! 

jojo69

Aesthetics, It looks cleaner without.

Functionality, I simply never use the wiper blade, the hatch attracts dust/crap like no other so when I do use the blade, it scratches the glass like no other and in the winter, well the snow just likes to sit on the wiper and accumulate... It's an easy delete and is reversible.

I do plan on putting a glass treatment (Flyby30) to maximize visibility in foul weather. It ought to be better than RainX and won't need to apply it every other week so that will be nice.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I figured it was for the cleaner look, which it does look good, I just always use my rear wiper. Never dry, but when snowing and raining. I think treating it will be a great idea and will definitely help! What does the nav system look like?

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
I use my rear wiper all the time. Couldn't imagine not having it. Ive never noticed dirt scratching or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

jojo69

I use my rear wiper all the time. Couldn't imagine not having it. Ive never noticed dirt scratching or anything.
^  Probably because I am pretty anal/OCD about shit like that, but I guarantee that your rear glass has scratches/marring from using your wiper, and even from you wiping it down when you clean it.
default_wink.png
Probably not enough that you can see it, but under the right light (ie sun), it's there.  and that' enough for me to bitch and wanna polish it up and protect it and minimize wiper-induced micro-marring... 

yeah yeah i know i'm crazy!
default_tongue.png

But we'll see how the snow impacts the rear glass this year. 

jojo69

I need to change that startup screen to a non-sti one! Lol, I'm such a fraud!! hahaha

re-did the reflector mod:

Not the best shot, but you get the idea.

Jumped on the Torque Performance wagon (stg1) coming from Cobb... the only thing I can say from the butt dyno is: smoother! And that's without any rectification. It's been abt 100miles since the reflash, and I still need to log and send to Eric for feedback. Glad I did it thus far! I feel it's a good compromise between a pro-tune and the Ots maps available.
default_smile.png

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Latest posts

Back