Clean Gr wrb hatch

K3rn

Hookah Master
your car pops up i should have said images my bad

Last edited by a moderator:

jojo69

Well I finished the project and although I consciously brought my phone to take pictures... I took none. After cutting my thumb and various other fingers with my razor blade, its all done!

The cup holder wasn't too bad but the part under the dash wit the cubby hole was a pain because of the various angles.

Its not 100% perfect and there are a few imperfections in my eyes, but good enough for now. I may try again with the other part since I have a decent amount of alcantara left.

I'll post pics tomorrow in day light before I switch center consoles.

Here's a sneak pic

IMG_20130120_202202.jpg
IMG_20130120_202016.jpg
IMG_20130120_202254.jpg

Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

jojo69

Well project is finally over. I decided to keep the original JPM made arm rest cover with the red stitching. So the arm rest I covered in black will be up for sale
default_wink.png

Here are some pics of finished project.

misc parts to be covered:

IMG_20130121_103132.jpg

out of the car: 

IMG_20130122_102418.jpg

IMG_20130122_102556.jpg

inside the car: 

IMG_20130122_110559.jpg

don't mind the radio trim, i was thinking of wrapping those 2 silver bands, but they are part of the bezel (I hoped they were separate items). 

jojo69

Any fears of being harder to keep clean?
Not at all. A damp cloth does the trick if dusts accumulates. No special products needed. If u have pets, sticky roll works well too :)

Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

jojo69

Was bored today and figured I'd continue on my interior project with the scraps of alcantara I had left... 

It doesn't look that way because the phone's flash went on, but it's still black alcantara. 

IMG_20130316_184209_zps9797f633.jpg

IMG_20130316_184225_zps3b0a9e0e.jpg

jojo69

^ thank u sir!

Just because... i can
default_biggrin.png

hand brake cover. No glue, totally reversible! A simple cut & tuck did the trick quite well! Really just wanted to see how it would look...

IMG_20130408_131133_zpsa478c615.jpg

IMG_20130408_131104_zps5c260b04.jpg

IMG_20130408_131040_zps485093a1.jpg

IMG_20130408_131019_zps376657cf.jpg

jojo69

Alcantara ALL the things!
default_biggrin.png

still have some parts left to do like up front: entire upper lower dash, lower center console & maybe A/B pillars, in the trunk, still need to do all the hatch plastic pieces... but then I'll be done!
default_tongue.png
I'm leaving the oem grey trim pieces for contrast and I'm not touching the back seat area! With a dog and eventually a family, there's no point! 

jojo69

Spring '13 wash
Well it was overcast enough, warm enough that I could wash the car vs ONR it... Twas just a simple wash to get the dirt off.

Products:
Gilmour FMII... cuz who doesn't like to play with their gun?
CGCWG + .25 oz onr for added lube... just saying
2/30oz dilution ration on Setting C did the whole car + extra
Chenille mitt for actual washing w/ Foam Gun.

...rims were prepped 2 weeks ago inside with IUDJ (2 coats on tires) and Rims with Collinite 845...

...cell pics...

The car looks clean, that's because of the shitty camera! It is filled with watermarks! It's pretty bad actually
default_frown.gif

I'm planning on tackling those as soon as I find a covered location to properly buff them out with my new toy! Until then, it's a wrb water spotted car for now! C'est la vie!

jojo69

quick engine detail i did last weekend to get rid of winter dirt/grim/dust... I mostly use dawn+wet rag and using trim sample bottle...

...came out decent...

jojo69

wrb96impreza - Thanks

Finally got a chance to spend some time doing a single step polish/cleanup of the car's paint. I got probably 60% of swirls using HDspeed AIO product and only 1 correction pass.  In the future, I'll try a more aggressive product next time to get more of the swirls, but i was quite happy with the results.

Changed up the lsp and went with Meg's #16 to vary it up as my lsp. 

Typical process: 

wash with FMII & CG's wash

Clay with ONR lube

HDspeed/DA + orange pad

M#16 + red pad for lsp

wipe down. 

Time spent: 13hrs give or take

Here are some after shots. Crappy cell pics. 

T

The Asian Persuasion

that's the beauty of detailing is finding out better ways for the next you do it. I never go too abrasive right off the bat just in case

jojo69

that's the beauty of detailing is finding out better ways for the next you do it. I never go too abrasive right off the bat just in case
yeah, You are correct Rob, as you said, it's bet practice to go with least abrasive to most to find your optimal combo.

In this case,  I went with the least abrasive for my 1st time around as I was really wanting to get a sense of how the DA handled and techniques. I had quite a lot of dusting the first time and got close to none the second day! So nice! I also mostly played with the different cutting abilities (medium cut with orange and polish with green) of the pads mostly to get correction and a light abrasive that is in HDspeed. I didn't even do a last pass with a finishing pad to amp up the shine before the lsp... I'm quite happy with the results for mu 1st time! 

Next time, I'm expecting to get 90% paint correction and more shine... although, I expect to be at it for a solid 24h+ ! I already feel the soreness in my arms creeping in just thinking about it!! 

oh, and I need to get a smaller backing plate/pads for the smaller nooks and crannies like the front bumper... 5.5 is just to akward!
default_tongue.png

Latest posts

Back