das GL!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
They should honor the inspection they gave today!!! But whatever. You won't be driving it much before then so it should be fine. Still want pics of the fender flares

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
They should honor the inspection they gave today!!! But whatever. You won't be driving it much before then so it should be fine. Still want pics of the fender flares
Oh right, I'll take some before heading out tomorrow morning and upload them when I get to PA. They kinda look awful, but whatever. They're effective.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
So I've been away from Maine since Thursday, and won't be back until Wednesday, but I'll upload some pics from before I left.

It says in the inspection rule book "One must not be able to see one's foot through the trunk"

IMG_2788.jpg

So I fixed it. Came out alright. Ground all the rust, primed, riveted, and silicone it all up so it is nice and water tight.

IMG_2790.jpg

Fender flares, I have no good pics now, I'll have to get some when I get back, but here's a teaser. This is what I used:

IMG_2789.jpg

And here's how it looks, the car is still jacked up, so it is a bad idea of what it actually looks like, but you can get the idea:

IMG_2791.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
that garden edge came out a lot better than i had pictured
It isn't as bad as I thought it would be either, I had planned to just have it on for inspection then rip it off. But it actually looks OK.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I now have a pretty blue sticker on my windshield. I rather like the 10/11 colour.

Stein

Stein
Grats! I wish I didn't have a 9/10 sticker
default_additional_ranting.gif
and had the 10-11 instead.

It's peeling off because Norm's didn't put it on right when they swapped my windshield.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Grats! I wish I didn't have a 9/10 sticker
default_additional_ranting.gif
and had the 10-11 instead.It's peeling off because Norm's didn't put it on right when they swapped my windshield.
Thanks! I really do like the blue colour. I might keep it for a few years. haha

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Haha, I was kidding. I just like blue. Now that I've found an inspection station who likes her, she'll get a fresh sticker every year.

Oh, and guess who I took offroading today? MY MOM! haha, she thought it was awesome.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Lunch break! It's going pretty well, actually. So far nothing really stuck. The hardest nut to get off was the axle nut.

And thanks bratman for helping me on the phone!!

IBratmanI

No problem!!! Hope it keeps goin good. I will be running around a bit this afternoon, but you can still reach me by phone if you have any questions.

Oh and make sure you clean up the backs of the wheels where they meet the hub before you put them back on, the corrosion that builds up can cause the wheel to loosen up!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
No problem!!! Hope it keeps goin good. I will be running around a bit this afternoon, but you can still reach me by phone if you have any questions.
Oh and make sure you clean up the backs of the wheels where they meet the hub before you put them back on, the corrosion that builds up can cause the wheel to loosen up!!
I'd never have thought of that ... thanks for the heads up! I'll go ahead and clean them all up.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
In for a break because I'm annoyed and things aren't going well ...

and now I'm giving up for today because I'm really annoyed.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Lemme know about tomorrow night. I know they can be a real biatch sometimes. Just text me tomorrow if you have any more questions, or need a hand tomorrow night.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I'll pull out the torch and a BFH tomorrow and see how that goes ...

If it still doesn't go, I'll definitely indulge in your help!

Latest posts

Back