Dirt Drive Sept 29(official date)

05RSKID

So what time is this starting and where are we meeting exactly?

I've just seen it as 9-10AM at the Milford On The Run...
We are meeting at the Milford on the run at 9 and leaving by 10. Would post Google like but the map is wrong. You want to take exit 193 and coming fr the south you will turn right and drive through old town its probably around 5 miles from the exit. To give some land marks you will go past Hannaford and and go through down town which had two lights back to back and then you will go over two bridges and its on the left. Address is 12 main rd Milford I believe

ReZPunK

Actually not sure if I'm going to make it! Boooo.... The rally car has been giving me a hell of a run, but I'm not sure it's going to be wrapped up in time, I have Friday afternoon and all day Saturday to make a big final push at it, but the work load is huge and I am merely one man.

I will give it my best...

Threet3n

Little Stein
Well I heard mention of this on some other thread and finally found this! I know it's a little late, but I was wondering if anyone still wanted/needed/or could tolerate a co-driver who wants to see some experienced off road driving. I'm definitely not comfortable driving fast on dirt roads with my WRX lowered on STI-pinks, so co-driving is my alternative.

I'm in the Cumberland Area (Yarmouth) and would prefer to be picked up but would also be willing to meet somewhere if that would make it convenient for you.

I'll probably pass on this this time if no one wants me though, I'll get other chances I'm sure.

Matt

I did the drive in my lowered rs that the new owner is bringing this time. Didn't have a single issue so I think you'd be safe bringing yours honestly but I'm sure we can figure out a spot for you.

JoshP

yeah but you went 2mph
default_tongue.png

KamB

Kam Berry
Well I heard mention of this on some other thread and finally found this! I know it's a little late, but I was wondering if anyone still wanted/needed/or could tolerate a co-driver who wants to see some experienced off road driving. I'm definitely not comfortable driving fast on dirt roads with my WRX lowered on STI-pinks, so co-driving is my alternative.
I'm in the Cumberland Area (Yarmouth) and would prefer to be picked up but would also be willing to meet somewhere if that would make it convenient for you.

I'll probably pass on this this time if no one wants me though, I'll get other chances I'm sure.
I'm doing it in a forester lowered on sti struts haha. You'll be good!!!!!

Threet3n

Little Stein
I'm doing it in a forester lowered on sti struts haha. You'll be good!!!!!
Hmmm, well maybe I'll have to think about it if no one can pick me up. Anyone from the Portland area going that might want to caravan up? Or where should I meet people? Gardiner rest stop I heard thrown around a little; would be faster then looping by Windham for me.

Are we going to have a sweep vehicle with a good jack?  The reason i ask is i still need to find a way to secure a jack for the drive if i happen to ruin a tire.  . I'm concerned enough about the 4 extra tires i will be caring coming loose let alone a heavy metal jack bouncing around in the back seat. I would be most greatfull if it came to that.  I would of course be willing to lend out my spares if anyone needs them. They are 14" steelies that came on my 95 legacy wagon.  The rubbers not great but it beats hiking it out. Sorry WRX guys, these may not help you much. 

I too will be taking RT202. I should hit Carmel and I 95 around 8:15, maybe i will follow it all they way but that depends on what kind of time i'm making. 

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I have a nice aluminum jack, but unfortunately I don't have it up here in Orono with me. I was thinking about running sweep, but it seems there's no interest from anyone to ride along. Threet3n if you want to ride with me and just cruise at the back of the group as a sweep mobile, we can carry that jack, and anything else (small items) people don't wanna drag along with them.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I have all the interest in the world to destroy my DD. I just don't have the money or time to do it right now.... hah.

05RSKID

I will have a jack and stands also will have extra fluids. Any one that doesn't won't to drive with tire in the car if you bring two sets I live at 129 main red Milford its about a half mile from the gas station. You can leaven then here and use the garage if anyone needs a last min adjustment

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Matt and I will probably take you up on last minute adjustments Nate. We need to swap to gravels and leave all seasons somewhere.

While I do not intend for us to be back of the pack, we will be rolling with my full jack, toolkit, and recovery bag.

JoshP

A few things:

1.  Try to leave 30 seconds to 1 minute after the guy in front of you.  Unless you dont have a navi obviously.  Use a watch... last time people were leaving about 10-15 seconds apart.  If feels like a long time, especially to people who have never competed in TSD, but its worth it.. 

2.  if you want to pass, use your left blinker.  Likewise if the person behind you has his blinker on, find a good place to let him by.  Getting held up, in a fun dirt drive is really annoying.  You will figure out over the day who is slower/faster than you.  Try to change your place at a regroup if you think you need to. 

For instance, for me I know I am going to be going average/slow, so I will try to start middle and work my way up.  Previously I'd navigate for a faster driver so I'd start him near the front.  If I brought a new or lowered vehicle that I was going to be very careful with, I'd start at the back. 

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Hmmm, well maybe I'll have to think about it if no one can pick me up. Anyone from the Portland area going that might want to caravan up? Or where should I meet people? Gardiner rest stop I heard thrown around a little; would be faster then looping by Windham for me.
dude you PM box is full.

Latest posts

Back