Fall Group Drive 2013 - Back To The White Mountains!

korebit

It's a joke guy.  Nothing but high fives will be exchanged.

attachicon.gif
gorillasharkhighfive.png
A shark high-fiving a gorilla.  Made my day.

Elfie

Don't think I'll be making this one. Just found out my sister is getting married this day :/

BugeyeSteve

Hopefully I can make this not sure if my car can survive the ride though... If I do I will also be leaving from Orono and would be down to caravan.

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
To all those planning to convoy down from the north, got a route planned yet? And what time do you think it wouldbe passing through the capitol area? And for those of us in the greater Augusta/ Gardiner, anyone want to propose a good meeting spot?

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
I think we should plan a 6:15am (sharp) departure from Bangor, which means people should stack up by 6. That puts us in the Augusta area around 7:30ish, and we should leave there by 7:45am. Sound reasonable?

Also, should we take the shorter way (95) and pay tolls, or go the longer 295 way and be cheap?

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
I've always thought 295 to be shorter way to Portland area as it doesn't go way west to Lewiston before turning south, but I'm easy, and will conform to the group. For those in my area might I suggest meeting at the service area on route 9/126 in Gardiner right near the 95 295 split? Coffee bathrooms and fuel before pushing on. Let's say at or around 7:15? Being just a little south of Augusta will put the Bangor area crew a little later, by perhaps 15 or 20 minutes. This should give us all ample opportunity to do what we need (pretrip wise) and get the meet and greet glad handing out of the way

RyanR

jdsafdsa ;fdsalfohro;dsafjdsafjdsf

Last edited by a moderator:

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
Hahaha! I just went back to refresh my memory about where the rally point was, and seeing that it was in Windham, was about to come back here and publicly change my mind and say that the Grey exit off of 95 seemed a much better idea! LOL! Anyway as I said I'm flexible about routing.

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
Well by meeting at the service area right in the split, we don't have to desire till right before turning the keys which way, guess it depends on those from the Brunswick area, if they want to join our caravan, or if they are wanting to make their own and just meet in Windham

RyanR

I think meeting at the service stop is a great idea. 

What say you Brunswick area peeps?  You want us to swing by your way, or are you too cool for us northerners?  it's an extra 10mi for us to come get ya.

Last edited by a moderator:

Busuto05

I thought I could make this one but just realized that it is the Dempsey Challenge Weekend.  I'm gonna be wheezing for 50 miles on the ol road bike on Sunday lol!  If you would like to donate to a great cause that keeps donations local and helps patients/families suffering/dealing with Cancer, click the link to my page.  Every little bit helps.

http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1041442&supId=391683704&extSiteType=1

Mods if this I am breaking any rules please remove the link.

Have fun everyone, stay safe!

Latest posts

Back