Flat4awd's 1997 Acadia Green Impreza L "Linda Lovelace"

cwiggin

I say keep the clear corners,
default_wink.png

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Today I started to paint the trim/doorcards black, but I only got the rears done. I am hoping to have the interior completed by next week, I'll post pics of the progress. I'm also picking up Neil's RS front+rear black checkerboard seats at some point, which will help bring together the black/gold interior "look" better as well. I'm holding off mounting the 2 pot calipers, and on painting the wheels until spring, when the weather is nice and I find some 16" used summer tires (please get ahold of me if you have some you are willing to sell/trade). I'm going to try to "borrow" my girl's rally armor flaps for this car, since I know damn well she'll never see dirt!

Pics from today:

P82A0292_zps991d9087.jpg

P82A0291_zps88fa79a2.jpg

P82A0290_zpseafa42e6.jpg

Thanks to Gabe/Mike with the selling/welding of the dual tip exhaust. It's not loud, but I can hear it, I really like the way it looks too! I do however, need some urethane exhaust hangers, it's rattling against something.

Future plans: Black RS seats, full black/tan interior conversion, urethane exhaust hangers, front+rear WRX swaybars, STi black carpet mats, fog lights, Rally Armor BU flaps, different non-shitty stereo, drivers side fender, etc...I don't plan to heavily modify the engine or suspension, I'm going to try and keep it mostly stock.

GClark

Looks good homes, to change the title of your thread, go to the first post and go to full editor. 

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Update:
Today I drove to the land of the over populated and overpriced Scarborough, to a small cul de sac neighborhood where a young mischievous brat Neil Suchechi used to spend his summers, usually playing street hockey, and running around with boogers in his nose. Long before he ever saw his first "rally car", witnessed the southern Maine drift crew annihilate Lowe's during snow storms, or dreamed of owning a swapped GC8, and doing awd (smoking) clutch drops.

Pulling into his driveway, I didn't know what to expect:

P82A0296_zps7c0fa0e8.jpg

Just kidding! I was already familiar with his three cars, and only one that drives:

P82A0297_zps100dd4cd.jpg

P82A0298_zps9d512f52.jpg

P82A0295_zps9ebcea16.jpg

Neil came out scheming to steal my 2.2:

P82A0300_zpse109cbbe.jpg

But, he quickly got sidetracked with projects of his own...kids with ADD these days *sigh*:

P82A0301_zps529cd4ba.jpg

At some point during the past two weeks, Neil's car was acting up, so he punched a cute sized dent in the quarter panel of his only operational vehicle...*sigh* ahh to be young, I can still remember those days fondly:
P82A0299_zps54efaf6d.jpg

This pristine RS became the focus. We started going in on this hoe like a dynamic duo of honey badgers attacking a bitchmade king cobra:

P82A0304_zpsd1b52282.jpg

As you can see, the P.O. left us an immense amount of human waste, to which we were delighted to find:

P82A0303_zpsc913e6b0.jpg

P82A0306_zps87250128.jpg

P82A0305_zps1dd8cf17.jpg

I decided that instead of choking on my own vomit from the stench, that I would go into the garage, listen to some Morrissy, and try my hand at some artsy camera phone photography. This sexy shell with no rust that you see before you, was sourced from none other than the legendary GARFACE of RS two five fame:

P82A0311_zps46ea0931.jpg

Midway through my avante garde imagery, Neil came in to remind me of why I came over. I came out to help, just in time to hold one of the doors up, while Neil had the privilege of swinging a hammer at the cotter pin; what a good friend:

P82A0312_zps8295961e.jpg

Now, I'm not going to name name's here, but a certain hater on these forums assured me that there were no size 13mm bolts on Subaru's. These size 13mm bolts did not appear to be from the after market. They appeared to be from the before market. The images that follow were not altered in any way, shape, or form:

P82A0309_zpsa1fad521.jpg

P82A0310_zpsfe45af38.jpg

With Easter around the corner, we were both excited to find the egg that the P.O. left in the car for us. It is safe to say we won the Easter egg hunt...
default_wink.png
:

P82A0302_zps9400cf55.jpg

We stripped every usable piece we could out of one of SOOCH'es car's. We decided to do it big money Scarborough style, and do lunch at Amato's. After that, we decided my L's dated interior needed an MTV makeover:

P82A0314_zpsc23cb3a8.jpg

P82A0313_zpsea6cdebb.jpg

From this:

P82A0307_zps3698222c.jpg

P82A0308_zpsb748ad9e.jpg

To that!:

P82A0315_zpsa52b16a6.jpg

P82A0316_zpsf189284d.jpg

It's not completed yet, but my vision of a black/gold interior is coming along well.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Directly beside the rear speakers, over the trunk. Underneath those black plastic pieces, there are two size 13mm bolts.

sooch

Type-RA
hahahahahahahhahahahahaha

PS that photo of the human waste is AFTER an entired trash bag was filled with shit...... It was mainely hard ice teas and pbr cans. Im assuming that many a road sodas were consumed on this cars daily endeavors. Maybe that's why the accident happened??

PSS also have the lady's license that previously owned the car, lived in freeport, may or may not have lived in the car at one point.

Last edited by a moderator:

GClark

Hilarious.  Sooch needs to get that car swapped asap.  Im not sure how it hasnt broken in half yet. 

Latest posts

Back