In before the close!

Maxxguy25RS

Her vw is a 18t. It's not all bad. The 18ts seem to do better by my eye. But mine is a bias opinion. The only vr6s I've worked on have had issues and the 18s it seems don't have as many issues. But they both could have the same amount of issues. This time it was valve cover gaskets due to oil in the spark plug tubes >
default_frown.gif
and spark plugs. Not enough for coils, but those will go in soon. She's happy it runs better.

For some reason the pump for the DI system supplied by Toyota sounds like crickets chirping. Some people have it come and go with fuel from different stations and with non-ethanol fuel. There are no trends showing what to use. Some people even add 2oz of low ash 2-stroke oil to each tank of fuel.

I have theories as to why it makes the noise, but they are just theories.

injulen

Speaking of fuel, what do you run? I recently switched to exclusively shell vpower and I'm really digging the quality.

injulen

Yeah I know I only need 87, the owner's manual specifically says "at least 87" and doesn't warn against higher. Shell's v-power 91 has more detergents than the 87 so I've been running that. It jumped my fuel efficiency from 23-24 MPG to 26-28 MPG. My guess is that the injectors were a bit dirty and the detergents helped break it up a bit so now its operating where it should be. I could probably switch back to 87 now that its cleaned out for awhile.

I just ran Lucas or a product call K100 every couple of months. Kept me at 30+ all the time. If your fuel filter hasn't been done in the past 5 years I'd do that also. They are damn easy, and pretty cheap.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Just finished day 5 of working 16 hour days in New Brunswick, Canada. It's a disaster up here. That hurricane demolished the area. Probably be here another week. It's a cool place, very different than Maine. But still lots of Subarus!

Matt

And on this day it'll rise from the dead!!!

We just tore down an frs motor after 900 miles. Crank deal went and wiped out the engine. It's really neat in there. Chain over belt and all the new features. So much coolness

And on this day it'll rise from the dead!!! We just tore down an frs motor after 900 miles. Crank deal went and wiped out the engine. It's really neat in there. Chain over belt and all the new features. So much coolness
How did the intake passages, pistons and valves look at that point? I know 900 miles is a short time but if things are getting dirty quick it will tell me how to proceed in the future.

Latest posts

Back