*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

Nate

Founding Father
Nah, more like sticking it into a light pole in a parking lot.

I think it would be best for you to learn how to drive slow and straight in the snow before you learn how to drive sideways.

Remember. You just started driving. You barely know how to handle yourself on dry pavement. Most of us that have been driving for a while need to go through a re-learning curve to remind ourselves of how do drive in the white stuff. Why do you think we have the more accidents on the first 1"-2" snow storm then we do on the 10" storm in February?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
well said.

I always take it really careful the first week or 2 of snow.

Stein

Stein
I think it would be best for you to learn how to drive slow and straight in the snow before you learn how to drive sideways.

Remember. You just started driving. You barely know how to handle yourself on dry pavement. Most of us that have been driving for a while need to go through a re-learning curve to remind ourselves of how do drive in the white stuff. Why do you think we have the more accidents on the first 1"-2" snow storm then we do on the 10" storm in February?
I know, I know
default_rolleyes.gif

But I also know not to be an idiot and drift by dipping the clutch or handbraking it. I would really just be seeing how the car turns in the snow at 10-20mph.

Stein

Stein
shouldn't be using the hand brake with AWD anyway
default_rolleyes.gif
good to know
default_biggrin.png

the snow already stopped though. Like 5 minutes of it.

All the little ice balls (not really flakes) have already melted into little spots of water
default_biggrin.png

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN

New thread title:

Nate's Outback: This will buff out right?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
the buff out thing made me laugh
default_rolleyes.gif

But yes, he's 2 years younger than me ...

I've been driving subies for longer though
default_biggrin.png

GClark

Ill just leave this here

THE NEXT STORM SYSTEM WILL ENTER THE REGION LATE SUNDAY NIGHT AND

LAST INTO THE DAY TUESDAY...BRINGING THE POTENTIAL FOR A

SIGNIFICANT SNOW TO THE REGION. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR UP TO

3 TO 4 FEET OF SNOWFALL IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF SOUTHERN AND

CENTRAL UTAH.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Nice snow storm I had to drive thought with my crappy balding tires tonight.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I just got home, driving from St. Johnsbury, VT. This was my very first time driving the subaru with the Michelin x-ice rubber and I have to say that it was night and day compared to driving with all-seasons. I am sold....100%. If you like your subaru now...you'll love it with winter tires!

....now I need to save some cash to get more for when these are worn!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I have about 4-5" here. Had to take the wife into work this morning, the roads are pretty slippery, but the FXT went great!! And I love the studded snows!!!

Latest posts

Back