*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I think it's telling you to do a manual swap
default_woohoo.gif

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
That is the trans engaging the rear drive.

There is a mod that you can lock the center diff on the fozzy's. it would only be good for deep snow and "off road" stuff. as it would put a lot of strain on the driveline on pavement.

if you search CDL on forester.org you will find the pinout for it.

Stein

Stein
well Minis are super light.

I finished painting my alternator cover and got that put in place (not secured yet, only one bolt). I also got two grounding wires mocked up (but not attached to battery yet).

Last edited by a moderator:

Iboc_C64

I have seen many a Mini looking like crushed tincans in recker parking lots. I don't care how small and tight the turning radius is, I will keep my Subaru thanks.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Just finished roof raking. It`s something I learned you better do after each storm. I have ice shield 6 ft up, 3 feet on the sides and the entire rear dormer so I don`t have to worry about water penetration. The big problem is the if you let an ice dam form we get humongus ice cycles that can do some pretty serious damage if they hit a person or the dogs.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Just finished roof raking. It`s something I learned you better do after each storm. ... if you let an ice dam form we get humongus ice cycles that can do some pretty serious damage if they hit a person or the dogs.
sounds like somebody needs a metal roof!
default_smile.png

even on my little bungalow with flattish roofline, the snow slides off de steel roofing with every storm. one valley needs a bit of roof rake attention now and then.

the 'avalanches' are soft snow, and often clear the porch entirely. of course they have smooshed boat covers too, but somebody else learned to park the boats out back away from the roofs

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
sounds like somebody needs a metal roof!
default_biggrin.png

even on my little bungalow with flattish roofline, the snow slides off de steel roofing with every storm. one valley needs a bit of roof rake attention now and then.

the 'avalanches' are soft snow, and often clear the porch entirely. of course they have smooshed boat covers too, but somebody else learned to park the boats out back away from the roofs
We just had a new roof with 30 year architectural shingles put on back in 2005. Thought about it, typical metal roof last 50 years but the roof we put on will most likley out last us anyway.
default_additional_ranting.gif

Iboc_C64

My parents put on a 20 year shingle roof 10 years ago. It rotted and fell apart, should have been replaced 3 to 5 years ago. Which means the 20 year warranty roof lasted 5 or 6 years. This was likely due to ginormous 1920s era coal/wood furnace in the basement keeping the house at 80degrees 24/7. We swapped to an outdoor wood boiler and steel roof this year. OMG what a difference. The house is not nearly so dry, no chapped lips yet. We can control the temperature in each room individually due to the fact that we plumbed the outdoor furnace in to the heat exchangers in the existing oil boiler that we haven't used for anything but water in 5 years. We set up each room on its own zone. The snow now slides right off. Especially since my father, whom is 67 and skinny as a rail, still likes to keep the majority of the house at 80. So the snow melts and slides off like nothing.

GClark

My dorm room is always cookin because my roommate is from Las Vegas. I open my window at night so it stays below 45 degrees, I sleep so much better when its cold.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Maniac, what was the final snow tally out your way.

Did it rain on top of the nice new stuff

and was there any base under the latest fall.

...thinking of coming XC skiing in western ME this wkend......and I don't buy the local ski area snow reports

(fingies crosseded)
:rant:

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Maniac, what was the final snow tally out your way.
Did it rain on top of the nice new stuff

and was there any base under the latest fall.

...thinking of coming XC skiing in western ME this wkend......and I don't buy the local ski area snow reports

(fingies crosseded)
:rant:
Well we got 6" from last Saturday nite and 10+" from Wednesday. We didn`t get the rain or wind that some of the other towns got. I`d say I have a base of 12" to 14" but that`s me some of Acton at lower elevations recieved less. You should check with Wzard Paul up in Bridgton and see what he has.

Latest posts

Back