*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

RallyGal

RallyGal
Snow started around 9 this morning in wilton.... NO SKEWL!!!! YAY!
default_smile.png

Stein

Stein
^I'll be doing yarmouth-area snow-driving-practicing (so yes, some drifts
default_smile.png
) if I can find good empty lots.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Wow I forgot how insane my car is in the snow. Those studs make a huge difference too. Its just unbelievable how well this thing drives. I wanted my 45min drive to work to keep on going for the rest of the day.
default_woohoo.gif
I hope there is stil snow on the road when I get out.

Iboc_C64

I have been at work since 8:00 am. I haven't been outside since it started. I will be leaving around 1:00pm. Should be hella fun.

Stein

Stein
I "had" to bring my brother to the local sledding hill and pick up a friend of his.

epic snow drifting for sure. I was worthless going around the cul-de-sac at the end of my street though.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I had to drive though about 4" unplowed nastiness. I think my wheels were spinning 50% faster than the car was going the whole time. haha. Bremen doesn't plow ..... They'll plow tomorrow after it turns to ice.

So this is how I find good lots ... I bust out that good old program google earth. That way I can see all the good secluded lots
default_woohoo.gif

Stein

Stein
yeah I hit 5-6k in second going 25ish. I did one run to the end of my street and back, then went on to main street, then took the first right to my bro's friend's street, then back on to main street to the sledding hill, then back home for another run of my street.

On the way to my house coming back from the second run of my street, I smelled something like gas. Maybe oil or one of my differentials? Oh well.

I also used two steel wheels with tires in my trunk for a little extra weight. Not sure if they help, but I'll leave 'em in.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I wasn't trying to have fun. I was just trying to get home. If I let up on the throttle I got stuck. Had to back up, and get a start again. I was at 4k rpms in 2nd just creeping. My tires have horrible tread, barely any space between the islands of rubber, and not much tread anyway.

Fozzy

just a quick question,

when i was driving going about 20, i would floor it to spin out my tires and a "thump" sound happened everytime. could it be some kind of traction control
default_woohoo.gif

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
just a quick question,when i was driving going about 20, i would floor it to spin out my tires and a "thump" sound happened everytime. could it be some kind of traction control
default_woohoo.gif
Could be the sound of the tires getting traction on road under the snow. Or it could be the sound of your tires throwing snow around and dancing around on the snow.

Nate

Founding Father
Auto tranny? Or manual?

Ive been out having fun today. Im loving the snow tires. The biggest improvements come in the turning stability, and stopping ability. Its a HUGE improvement over all seasons. I turn the wheel, and it wants to actually move that way. Hit the brakes and it slows down. Accelerating is futile. As soon as the turbo spools im hucking snow.

Latest posts

Back