September Meet - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

i have nothing against red robin, but i also don't see anything special with it. it's a burger place.

that being said i don't do anything with northern meets because i don't know the area worth a damn. i see this as a good thing

K

Kati

I think Red Robin is just a large place with a lot of parking and affordable food, that's why we've chosen it. I used to think it was the bomb, until I discovered other burger places!! Don't get me wrong, I still love Red Robin and their stuff.
default_biggrin.png

08WRXME

lets do somewhere south like athens, or pittsfield
Found a good place.

Mai Tai resturant,449 Main St, Presque Isle, ME

Its only fair to have the southern meet closer to us south guys.....

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
indeed! theres a good seafood place on main street, sorta next to reny's. also has a nice big parkin lot in the back right by the water.. would make good place to park all the subies and also a good location to take some great pictures
default_tongue.png
lol
You are probably thinking of the river grill. Very nice restaurant. Although their other location in round pond is really nice too, better for pics, and the same prices
default_tongue.png

Besides my boats are in round pond
default_smile.png

marcelr1988

You are probably thinking of the river grill. Very nice restaurant. Although their other location in round pond is really nice too, better for pics, and the same prices
default_biggrin.png
Besides my boats are in round pond
default_wink.png
could be.. haven't been in a while.. its right by the docks next to the bridge on main st.

UPDATE* posted a pic with the location of the restaurant.. couldn't find it on google.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristof

Banned
ok well i know i am a relative noob on this forum but here is my 2 cents

i think we need a nice big group drive. this is a car club/ ehtusiast forum correct? then why not all go out and do what we love to do wich is drive. i know peopel say they dotn liek the drive idea because of possibel weather. well i get made fun of for not wantign to go down dirt roads but we cant still all go for a drive if its raining? there is nothign better than seeign a nice long line of great cars drivign down the road( and no it dosent have to be 100mph to be fun).

before we know it it wil be cold as hell so why not get out enjoy the weather while we can and go for a drive. we can still do dinner after or before or whatever.

my old car club in south carolina put together a huge mountain drive and it was one of the most enjoyable days i have had dealign with cars. met up in the morning wet for a nice long drive stopped in a town and had a great late lunch went tubing down the river paintballign etc. here is the video of the cruise one of the years we did it. we had over 100 cars show up. it even rained for a bit but still had a blast

topdeeni

......and no it dosent have to be 100mph....
huh?...

I agree for the most part minus a few potential logistical items. There is always the potential for "Micro group drives" to the monthly meets. I am pretty sure we had a few Subaru trains arrive and leave from the meet a few days ago. Arrangements like that can always B made on the side..

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
There used to be group drives before I joined the forum. I remember looking at pics of a recent group drive. Just a week or so before I joined thinking how much fun it would be. I even lived in Portland at the time. I was really looking forward to having some this summer.... But alas, there haven't been any
default_biggrin.png
I have also been working my arse off and would probably have missed it, so it is a moot point... I'm not working my arse off anymore, between jobs, so this is a good time to have one
default_wink.png
lol

topdeeni

with the blessing of whomever I would happily host a group drive from my place...Not a meet but a group drive....I think I could fit 30+ cars in my yard and lawn, got pool, got BBQ, got some room and would B happy to have a pre-pool closing bash/drive...

rofl...hijacked!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
could be.. haven't been in a while.. its right by the docks next to the bridge on main st.
UPDATE* posted a pic with the location of the restaurant.. couldn't find it on google.
That's Schooner, it's more of just a bar, than a restaurant imo. But it is a pretty popular place. But there are others in the area as well.

I think a group drive would be a lot of fun, as long as I can actually get away to do one!!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Yeah, I will be able to keep up a little bit better. The RS would have been great with it's little issues worked out, but I like driving the Forester a lot. I haz turboez!!

topdeeni

Yeah, I will be able to keep up a little bit better. The RS would have been great with it's little issues worked out, but I like driving the Forester a lot. I haz turboez!!
I bet U have one of these soon..

picture.php

K

Kati

alright guys, i've been away from the forums for like a week. I'm going to compile a final list and we're gonna choose from that. that'll be up by the end of the day i hope
Just wondering if I missed the poll on Friday 8/14 or not
default_tongue.png
?

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
After reading 16 pages of this, I've come to the conclusion that most of the people in southern maine, with the exception of Kati are completely oblivious to anyone but themselves. Every post regarding having it a little more north has been ignored or rejected. I realize that there is a lot more people down south, it makes sense. We have had some decent meets up here, although having 5-6 cars is kinda lame. I know Rob loves the meets, as does Radness and Nigel. I do too. I've met Dan at meets, and there are a bunch of people north of Augusta that would LOVE to meet some of you guys from down south. Why on earth does it always have to be a 2+ hour drive from Bangor? You have a WHOLE rally team based out of Bangor, and we have to have our own meets to be united. I went to one meet with Rob in Augusta at RR, and it was a blast. Honestly, I can't justify a 4 hour round trip, on a weeknight, just to check out a few cars in a parking lot and an overpriced meal. Augusta is a GREAT central location since it seems like 90% of the members are from Portland/LA (Both around/less than an hour from Augusta) and us guys up here are about the same distance away.

Since we have so much time before the Sept meet, why not try and have a poll regarding location in the state. Then we can come up with restaruant ideas and vote on those in a seperate thread? If the populus wants to meet in NH, so be it. But I seriously feel like we get jewed every month when it comes to the meet location. I stopped reading the HUGE stickies at the top of the forum, since they never are within a reasonable distance for me. I got bored tonight.

Also, I'm not sure about the 50/50 that once was, but I'd be glad to bring a couple of SBR T-shirts/Stickers etc to the meet to Raffle off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back