The unofficial GUN talk thread

Nate

Founding Father
He doesn't do it inski.... I asked. He doesn't want to invest in the equipment for what little he would do it. Plus he says every gun manufacturer is different equipment. So too much money.

I think I'm going to do it myself on the shortened vent rib barrel I made. I have a pile of chokes. I think a nice modified choke would work well to help my pattern.

inski

Ok thanks.  Yeah, I do well with IMP MOD for competition.  Some times I wish I had put in a MOD, or duck loads on some of the knock downs, after its too late.
default_biggrin.png

i-wagon

apparently some vendors on Amazon charge 600% on discontinued items where Wal-Mart sells for 50%

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I always used gold tips when I bowhunted. They were unbelievably strong, and cost around $70 per dozen. You could shoot them into a tree, and the arrow would be fine.

i-wagon

My beman that I missed with Tuesday went through dirt and in a stump, no damage except a bent broadhead. Same with the one I shot my deer with a couple weeks ago, through the deer and in to a rock, the rage bent, arrow was fine. I have a half dozen of the devils wrath, they're a half grain heavier per inch so I made them shorter, and they group good considering I don't practice often

inski

^^ Nasty^^  Love it!  Eotech with back up iron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This weekend I won Single Stack (1911 type pistolas) at the USPSA match in Augusta.   However, overall I didn't end up so strong, slightly below mid-pack overall.  I did a little experimenting at the match.  I tried the new Federal aluminum case 45 acp in a dirty gun.  It worked flawlessly in my Remington 1911E.  I'm kind of glad, I hate reloading ammo and I hate picking up brass even though I have a few thousand empty cases.  The Wilson Elite mags did their job, except twice it didn't slide lock on empty.  The stock Remington mags don't slide lock very often either.  So far only the Kimber mags slide lock every time.  But, the Kimber mags are tough to drive home and lock in.  Eventually, I'll probably get a few McCormick mags and try those.

The 1911 is a whole different animal compared to the Glock.  The 1911 you have to make things happen.  Safety, slap mags home, get that grip nailed down every time.  Yet, shots are incredibly easier.  The trigger is soooo sweet.   The Glock everything flows so nice and things happen automatically (so it seems), yet you have to make sure (slow down) and make the shots happen, enforce technique, Squeeze, reset, squeeze, or you'll never be in center mass, or worse, miss.

Nate

Founding Father
Got my hands on the brand new Magpul pro offset sights for my Windham. Very happy with them. Really low profile when folded down.

Nate

Founding Father
Well that optic doesn't really go down. It's a lit FireDot reticle, but if the dots out... It's still a etched black crosshair scope. That being said, having some offset irons is nice.

Nate

Founding Father
While I'm at it... testing the waters. If anyone is going to build a rifle soon, I'm thinking about changing up the rifle shown above.

I would like to sell the shown custom shortened 14" Windham Weaponry chrome lined barrel. It was shortened to 14" and had a Primary Weapon System FSC556 muzzle brake pinned and welded on to stay legal. Barrel will include a cross pinned gas block, gas tube, and factory milspec barrel nut. I could offer the package with the Troy rail at a discount. Install available.

Barrel has less then 500 rounds of brass through it. Really soft shooting combo with the muzzle brake. Great 3 gun barrel.

i-wagon

If I didn't already have plans for my tax returns I'd say hang on to it and I'd build a rifle with your help. But I need to pay off and sell a motorcycle and start saving for tires (bfg long trails wear fast)

MuddyWRX

S12 sight mount in and mounted, put the eotech on as it makes more sense on a 12 gauge.

Which leaves this needing a scope. Something ok for up close with a little magnification for out to 100 yards. Fixed 3x? Suggestions?

After handling the 2 back to back its amazing at the difference.

Apologies if the picture rotations are off, photobucket sucks.

MuddyWRX

Not a ton. Keep it under $200 probably, or put my Nikon prostaff on it maybe and put something nicer on my 700.

Latest posts

Back