Bridgton Local Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

DShane

Just for the record I was setting the pace in a PVEZ. 

We made it back to the starting point and had all but 3 of the people we started with, and unfortunately there wasn't really anything to be done about it due to lack of radios, organization, planned stopping points etc.

I think to say today was a fail is rediculous. I can say that I personally had tons of fun and I know that everyone that made it back to the starting point were more than tickled with the outcome of the ride. 

The fact of the matter is we had 15 cars and no radios, it was a disaster waiting to happen. If we do this again in a slightly more organized fashion it could definitely be a lot of fun.

cwiggin

Just for the record I was setting the pace in a PVEZ.

We made it back to the starting point and had all but 3 of the people we started with, and unfortunately there wasn't really anything to be done about it due to lack of radios, organization, planned stopping points etc.

I think to say today was a fail is rediculous. I can say that I personally had tons of fun and I know that everyone that made it back to the starting point were more than tickled with the outcome of the ride.

The fact of the matter is we had 15 cars and no radios, it was a disaster waiting to happen. If we do this again in a slightly more organized fashion it could definitely be a lot of fun.
In tge first 15 min of the ride you passed like 5 cars and average speed of 60 to 80, that's a bad pace to set for the lead car, mostly why I left. I cant afford a ticket or accident with my kids in my car. Just my 2 cents. Otherwise nice meeting people,

Rmayo

ya i don't want to whine, but i really tried to keep up and couldn't because of traffic, and there was no stopping for fallen soldiers so eventually my fiance (in her 96 impreza 1.8L) and i gave up after 20 minutes of driving alone... hard to say it wasn't a fail.. the only success was that you guys didn't lose your licenses and make the club look bad

Rmayo

main ingredient to group drive is drive with the group.. usually the whole group.. if the group breaks up, you re-group, then drive as a group again

cwiggin

main ingredient to group drive is drive with the group.. usually the whole group.. if the group breaks up, you re-group, then drive as a group again
Agreed, and a group drive is fun regardless of speed, and how much power the car has. 302 isn't exactly a high speeding area, lots of traffic

Jamey

A group drive isn't a rally race . This is themain reason I don't do these types of things you can have a good time without goin 20-30 OVER speed limit. Some of us have good recordes and want keep it that way

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
DShane said:
Like I said, someone else could have led. I figured 300whp subarus would want to go above the speed limit which is why I set the pace I did. I only passed cars if I felt most of the group would also be able to pass them.

Driving the speed limit isn't my idea of a fun time and if that's what group rides are about then I guess they're just not my scene. Sorry to waste your time.
Time and place.....save that for the race track bro

Fluffy282

Wow wow wow did this blow up! 10-15 over. Yes we did pass a few cars at excessive speeds on 302. Most of whites bridge we behaved, 35 we behaved, 114 10-15 over, 107 we got excessive.... We did ask what everyone was expecting before we left.

Much faster than I expected? Yes. Too much? At times. Certainly no worse than the ride down to wbm if you ask me. Next time we'll specify: strictly legit, or go home.

We learned

No one got hurt (physically or financialy)

We met new people

-shrug- I'm really sorry to hear people got upset... but I also feel like it was a simple miscommunication, that is also a simple fix in the future.

MMMayo

since when is it okay to represent one of the largest car clubs in the state by driving like an @$$hole? i went and i was completely unaware that the plan was to drive like an idiot and piss other people on the road off. if i had known that was the case, i would not have wasted an hour drive up there to meet up just to turn around and come home, because i was blown off right out of the gate and was not going to subject myself to (possibly) hurting others or paying a fine. for you to think that this behavior is "okay" is completely ridiculous. i can't believe you're defending yourself. i'm done on this subject matter because it seriously pisses me off.

dsmith

34i1xt4.jpg

Carter

Administrator
The point was made that this was almost a disaster. Not further discussion is needed.

We will make sure the next time a group drive is to be official, a staff member will attend. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back