Craig's 2007 2.5i -- "Steel Mist"

i-wagon

Yeah those vinyls were a bit big, the size on my welding hood is better, I'll get some more done eventually if Jamey would want a couple

Last edited by a moderator:

scubiecraig

What do you guys think of the matte black rims?  I think I like the bronze better to be honest... looks like I might get some metalizer to put over the top of these.

WP_000253_zps90102325.jpg

WP_000254_zpsc121bd28.jpg

scubiecraig

Thanks for the comments everyone.  I've been trying to live with the black for a few days now... but it really doesn't achieve the look I was going for.  I'm eventually going to order some copper metallizer and add that.... it will bring it back to the bronze look I had, but this time it will be plastidip and hopefully be more protective and last longer. 

scubiecraig

I kind of fell off the Subaru planet, but I'm getting the "bug" again.  I have a little over a year left for car payments.  I'd like to lose the car payment for a year or more, and save up a down payment for a new Subie!  My goal is to have an FXT.  I want turbo, no doubt... but it has to be autotragic in case my wife ever needs to use my vehicle.

Goals for this Spring/Summer:

Repaint rims bronze.  I never got the Plastidip Metallizer, but I still have the bronze in spraycans downstairs... I checked tonight.  I just purchased a WRX axleback off from Subarude because my Dynomax rusted and fell off one night... Oops! 

I still don't have a front swaybar / endlinks, and not sure if I will at this point... 

I did upgrade the rear speakers, and added an amplifier underneath the drivers side seat. 

Depending on how long I keep this thing... I *may* tint the windows. 

Some of my LED's in the headlights have burned out, which kind of pisses me off, but c'est la vie.  I don't really want to pay to have them fixed, so I may just disconnect them at some point.  I've also got some condensation coming in the driver's side headlight. 
default_frown.gif

For some reason I keep gravitating towards a mine replica spoiler, but again at this point in the game... who knows. 

Any suggestions?  Over 117k on the odometer now.  Changed headgaskets and timing belt shortly before 100k because the gaskets were leaking fierce.

Jamey

Mine still going strong ..my leds anyway and I have my running lights on all.the time new wheel color coming soon .. surprised I haven't seen you around town

scubiecraig

Been keeping my eyes peeled for you bud.  I see the Sullivan courtesy shuttle all the time, and I've seen a big box truck a few times... but it wasn't you driving.

Is Sullivan on RT1, or Payne Road?

scubiecraig

I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya then. I'm driving through around quarter past 7, and a little after 4pm when I get out.

scubiecraig

The newer FXTs only come in auto, manuals not available anymore.
That's ok by me.

Jamey, maybe some Friday we can go grab a beer and some grub after work.

The WRX axleback was put on today, but I'm going to need a new gasket...  it's already leaking.  Sound is there, but not like the Dynomax had.  It will suffice for now!  Stupid question, but would the exhaust leak make it sound slightly less loud?

i-wagon

Perhaps. Unless the noise you hear is all leak. Nothing really sounds as good as a straight through muffler

i-wagon

I miss my customfabyo header sound. Before the trade I'd planned on a borla. Still have the piping for the axle back that rotted off Craig? Get a muffler, I've got stainless rod :p

Latest posts

Back