Craig's 2007 2.5i -- "Steel Mist"

scubiecraig

Filthy Dips.  He might be doing some business with me as well through the printing company I work for.  It's a win-win situation!

scubiecraig

Removed my 3M 1080 Scotchprint carbon fiber vinyl today.  What a pain in this 30 degree weather!  The use of my wife's hairdryer definitely helped out, but it took me well over an hour to  get this stuff off.  It's going in next weekend for a matte black plasti-dip treatment on the hood, roof and trunk.  Really excited to see the end results!

599553_10200168374707174_778822549_n.jpg

All the material removed.

28998_10200168374907179_2003813370_n.jpg

And now back to *gasp*, stock form!  Eeek!  

481952_10200168374827177_586241497_n.jpg

scubiecraig

Cant wait to see it done. Have decided what your painting the wheels yet?
I think I'm going to matte black them at first, and if I don't like it, I'm going to use the plasti-dip copper metalizer over it to achieve bronze. Watched a video on how to achieve the bronze look, and it starts with matte black believe it or not.

cwiggin

I think I'm going to matte black them at first, and if I don't like it, I'm going to use the plasti-dip copper metalizer over it to achieve bronze. Watched a video on how to achieve the bronze look, and it starts with matte black believe it or not.
No kidding, either way prob gonna look sweet

scubiecraig

Hood guard will be going back on though... there's pieces on the hood that are there to protect the actual hood... those were plastidipped over.  In fact, you can see them in the last pic.  I had him dip the aero/bug guard so that it would match.  That has to cure though for about a week before I can handle it and put it back on.

scubiecraig

Nothing special, but a new roll call on the rear window.  Hoping to dip my wheels tomorrow before the Annual Meet.  I wanted to tonight, but there's a bit too much wind.

All decals were designed by me, except for the NES, MS, Vinyl Freaks and Dipyourcar.com decals.  Oh and Matt (i-wagon), do you see I'm repping you too dude?  I had to re-do it because the one you gave me was too big for the window... but I'm reppin' your work!  

WP_000252_zps215efb0c.jpg

Latest posts

Back