Craig's 2007 2.5i -- "Steel Mist"

apkarian100

Vendor
Still confused on why your Hellas don't work. I fixed Joe's Hellas today. It was just a relay issue.

HIDs look nice though.

Last edited by a moderator:

scubiecraig

Still confused on why your Hellas don't work. I fixed Joe's Hellas today. It was just a relay issue.

HIDs look nice though.
Not sure either Chris. I'm hoping to get some time in on the car this weekend and maybe figure it out. I also seem to have an issue where there is a "hot-spot" on the passengers side. Pic attached. I'll have to figure this out. Not sure if the bulb is seated incorrectly or not. Is the bulb's "wire" piece supposed to be on top or the bottom? I hope that makes sense. On an HID bulb, there is the glass casing, and then there is a wire... not sure what it does really, but I've heard stories that if the wire isn't in the correct position, it could cause issues, so I want to make sure I get this right. I also didn't use the H7 spacers that came with the kit, but perhaps I need to?

HIDNightshotRolling.jpg

Jamey

Hmm mine didn't have wire , on my galant it did I had it in top , also didn't have spacers

U can email them they usually reply lol

scubiecraig

Well the 08's have an H11 bulb, right? Twist and lock? The 07's have H7 lows. I have that damn retention clip too.. hate those things. In fact the part where it clips into on the headlight housing is chipped, so it doesn't really lock correctly. That could be causing some of my "hot spot" issue.

apkarian100

Vendor
That sounds most probably for your headlight issue. Try a spacer and see what it does.

Well the 08's have an H11 bulb, right? Twist and lock? The 07's have H7 lows. I have that damn retention clip too.. hate those things. In fact the part where it clips into on the headlight housing is chipped, so it doesn't really lock correctly. That could be causing some of my "hot spot" issue.

scubiecraig

Got the "hotspot" issue taken care of tonight. The bulb wasn't seated fully. I also got the retaining clip to work despite the plastic piece being chipped. Looks SOOO much better now. Much wider angle of light.

scubiecraig

Tired of struggling with the Hella 500ff's, so I took them off and sold them to Bratman today! I'm just a dodo brain when it comes to figuring stuff out like that, so I said screw it. Chris Apkarian was going to help me out next weekend, but I just made a split second decision and took care of the "issue" tonight. Now I won't be hassled by the inspection station... I have to inspect my car in December.

SUBARUDE

That was one of the laws that was removed from the Inspection book fogs don't have to work for a sticker anymore

scubiecraig

These are technically driving lights though? Does that make a difference? Anyhoo, what's done is done now. I've got them all packed up and ready to ship to Jason tomorrow.

scubiecraig

Haven't posted in a while...  but an update.  Pretty soon my hood wrap will be gone, and replaced with matte black plasti-dip, along with the roof and the trunk as well.  I'm going to respray my rims this spring (debating on keeping the bronze and doing a matte plastidip clear, or going black or gunmetal with a matte plastidip clear).  Any suggestions?

Jamey

Either I think will look good , doing it yourself ? I will be plasti diping my interior when gets a lil warmer

Latest posts

Back