Dirt Drive Sept 29(official date)

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
I'd like to get some under body armor, but it's tough to find good info on gen 2's, you guys seem to be all about the 'pressa's , and the outback forum is all about new new new, found some good info on USMB but it's so big and has so many opposing view points I don't know who to listen too. I want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck, 'cause just like everyone else, I ain't got money to burn. Ya know?

Matt

I did just fine in the rs I owned. It was lowered and just had snow tires. Stock will do just fine.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I'd like to get some under body armor, but it's tough to find good info on gen 2's, you guys seem to be all about the 'pressa's , and the outback forum is all about new new new, found some good info on USMB but it's so big and has so many opposing view points I don't know who to listen too. I want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck, 'cause just like everyone else, I ain't got money to burn. Ya know?
Metal skid plates from primative racing protect your oil pan. I also have two huge giant sheets of LDPE left which I make under armor out of.

The biggest thing you need to protect is the oil pan really. Even then you can manage not to blow the pan by picking your lines right.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Oil pans dent pretty well before they actually crack. I had one that was completely crumpled up, but didn't really leak very much. I was honestly surprised.

I've done the dirt drive a few times on bald snow tires and haven't had a flat. I don't go easy on it, I drive full speed over/through bumps and do general stupid stuff.

Trainable

Oil pans dent pretty well before they actually crack. I had one that was completely crumpled up, but didn't really leak very much. I was honestly surprised.

I've done the dirt drive a few times on bald snow tires and haven't had a flat. I don't go easy on it, I drive full speed over/through bumps and do general stupid stuff.
Functioning front struts help the cause.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092

Unless it's an aluminum VW/Audi pan... they crack if you look at them wrong.

The best protection for your car/you can't be bought.  Don't overdrive your limits, or those of your machine, use your eyes, and don't hit shiat!
default_additional_yell.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Unless it's an aluminum VW/Audi pan... they crack if you look at them wrong.

The best protection for your car/you can't be bought.  Don't overdrive your limits, or those of your machine, and use your eyes and don't hit shiat!
default_additional_yell.gif
Yep, seen more than one of those go at a rallyX.

05RSKID

Date will be the 29 and I'm thinking a 9 or 10 am start time at the Milford on the run or my house if people need a garage at last minute

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
That's do able for me and mine, I plot us as being about two hours from the start point. How long a tour we gonna do? I gotta be up at 4 the next morning for work, so I can't be whooping it up in that neck of the woods too too late.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I live 3 miles from there, so depending how things are looking for me, I may be able to show up.

05RSKID

That's do able for me and mine, I plot us as being about two hours from the start point. How long a tour we gonna do? I gotta be up at 4 the next morning for work, so I can't be whooping it up in that neck of the woods too too late.
I did most of the drive yesterday and it took me 3 and a half hours from my house and back to my house which is a half mile from the gas station,  Didnt drive about 30 miles of the trip.  I would add a couple hours to that because we stop at a few places and we re group a few times to make sure we still have everyone.  If anyone that going went on the last one that we called the snirt drive, we are doing most of those roads and maybe adding in a new road or two.  We also have to see if the water drops some because one road i barely mad it through one of the water crossings(we will just say i would have had water in my car if i stopped).

I was thinking if people wanted to we could barbecue at my place after the drive for dinner.  Any thoughts?

I live 3 miles from there, so depending how things are looking for me, I may be able to show up.
you better come lol more the merrier 

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I'll go if you do my calc homework for me lol.

I don't have an odometer in my car, I need to see if I can find all the parts to my bike speedometer hack from 2 years ago, and see if I can get it all rigged up in the apt. parking lot.

05RSKID

I'll go if you do my calc homework for me lol.I don't have an odometer in my car, I need to see if I can find all the parts to my bike speedometer hack from 2 years ago, and see if I can get it all rigged up in the apt. parking lot.
I'm sure I would bomb your calc homework lol and your welcome to use the garage at my place

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I'll go if you do my calc homework for me lol.I don't have an odometer in my car, I need to see if I can find all the parts to my bike speedometer hack from 2 years ago, and see if I can get it all rigged up in the apt. parking lot.
Do your Calculus homework yourself Chris! I'm surprised I haven't seen you get on campus.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Do your Calculus homework yourself Chris! I'm surprised I haven't seen you get on campus.
You're not gonna see the GL because I'm not paying $50 for a damn parking pass. But I ride a grey bicycle with a red milk crate zip tied to it. I ride like a maniac going 25mph between people on the side walks, so you may see (or get run over by) me.

Latest posts

Back