Fall Group Drive to the White Mountians

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
well i just did some research.. i think i can do these head gaskets in a good solid day, as long as the beer is cold. haha like i said i'm an audi guy, and head gaskets on my audi would be a huge job, these subys are so basic. i'm gunna do some talking to my buddies with nice garages, i gotta get my hands on a engine hoist, then were golden, i tihnk i can get this done, who knows i may put a nice clutch in there while i'm doing it.
Make sure you use OEM Subaru metal head gaskets, no aftermarket!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
And unlike other manufactures, subaru head gaskets go on dry! If you use sealant you'll be doing them again.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I still think it is the plastic side tanks...

should be able to use copper hg, increase compression, etc. sealants, whatever..

where would a hydro chain come from within a subarus cooling system.. but plastic.

:dunno:

I could not even change the coil (upgraded) on my old one without the plastic radiator telling me exactly how bad it is.

I hope to get that 2 row metal in, or I no go. I do go on longer trips now, but stable highway, no real ups and downs playing around.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
there three piece head gaskets correct? due to the aluminum heads and cast block?
Just one piece per side, so 2 head gaskets total, and yes, the whole motor is aluminum!!

stiXXX

It'll be the STI's last run before getting stored for the Winter on 11/01
default_rolleyes.gif

spartan5

Definitely in....might even have Nick LePage in the navigators seat....Northerners,do we want set up a tandem ride to the meetup in Auburn? We don't do a lot up this way,so it might be a nice show of "Northern Solidarity"

GClark

Ill be in for a convey back to Bangor. I'm heading down to Lewiston the night before so I don't have to get up wicked early and drive down to Auburn.

scoobiesforlife

again i will be joining and if i can get my good buddy as a navigator he will be joining me, hes not a member of ms yet but he does drive an 05 wrx in the obp color

COSTIGAN86

Definitely in....might even have Nick LePage in the navigators seat....Northerners,do we want set up a tandem ride to the meetup in Auburn? We don't do a lot up this way,so it might be a nice show of "Northern Solidarity"
Yes, just waiting for a time and place in Auburn.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
Place is the Auburn Park and Ride, right off the exit. Time: group leaves at 930?
i think we want to try to leave windham by 9-915, so the auburn meet up should prob take place 8-815, leaving auburn by 830 to meet up with the windham group. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back