Nate's Car Log

Stein

Stein
ok, I'm going to bump this yet again.

Is there any significant advantage to a '95-99 Legacy over a GC Impreza or vice-versa?

Mark

hyundai would be a terrible idea, unless you uppd your budget and are getting a newer car and have no plans on modding. 03ish and up hyundais are pretty high in quality and low in price, however resale sucks. i owned a 2003 tiburon gt. i didn't dislike that car, it was fun enough, had the extras i wanted. but when it came time to get rid of it the resale was so awful i ate a lot of money...thousands. anything before that 03ish era was just crap. really. crap.

Stein

Stein
I know, I was already convinced to stay Subi (or maybe a new/08 Lancer), which is why I was asking if there was an advantage of Leg. over Imp. Thanks Spin
default_smile.png

Tyler

No prob! I'd say on the newer cars, Legacys are more comfortable cars, where as Imprezas are a little more sporty ...

(Before the legacy owners attack me, they are sporty too, but not like a wrx or STi
default_biggrin.png
)

On the older cars however, they're pretty similar.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I'm not going to argue that the older legacies are sporty... hah. sporty isn't a word I'd try and use for my '96 leggy L

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
The LGT or LSi have a wing and stuff... L stands for as Little sportyness as possible
default_smile.png

I don't really care... it is reliable, comfortable, efficient transportation that hauls my ass around. If I want to travel in style I hop on my motor bicycle
default_additional_sillylol.gif

I wager it turns more heads than "murdered" STi
default_biggrin.png

*DONS FIRESUIT*
default_smile.png

anyway.... back on topic...

Last edited by a moderator:

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
No prob! I'd say on the newer cars, Legacys are more comfortable cars, where as Imprezas are a little more sporty ...
(Before the legacy owners attack me, they are sporty too, but not like a wrx or STi
)

On the older cars however, they're pretty similar.
So how would you describe a Spec B
default_smile.png

Tyler

So how would you describe a Spec B
default_biggrin.png
You know, I was going to put a Spec B section in there just for you Grampy MS
default_biggrin.png
, but I decided not to. I would say a Spec B is a sporty AND comfortable car ... I don't expect Nate to get one as a first vehicle, however. If he does, he's a lucky sob
default_biggrin.png

Stein

Stein
I kind of like the spoiler
default_wink.png

But yeah, that's what I thought the first time I saw the pictures
default_biggrin.png

edit: I know I'll probably come right back to Subaru, but I just got a ride in my friend's Volvo (pre-Ford) and I really liked how the engine was all grumbly (like enough to make the steering wheel spasm out when he started the car). The car is totally stock btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
So right now I've found just 3 Imprezas:

a '99 OBS w/139k for $5900

a '98 OBS w/163k for $2250 but it leaks oil and will need a rear main seal or the other one near it that can also leak

a '97 OBS w/175k for $3300 with a new clutch kit, tires, and O2 sensor. Owner says it was recently inspected

How much would a rear main seal service cost at a dealer? What about an oil separator plate service? I'm not going to be able to do it myself due to lack of experience, parts, and pretty much everything else

Latest posts

Back