New England Forest Rally 2012. 7/13-7/14

Rallytech14

Had an AWESOME time this weekend with Jesse Jason Ben and Nate! Worked as a service crew for French Kiss Rally Team (2011 STi) as well as Simon and Kieran Wright's 2001 Focus! Everything went pretty smoothly, got to meet a lot of new people and see some ive been missing

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Home!! Had a great time! Hung out with Craig. Met quite a few members this year. Pictures tomorrow.. for now .. Sleeeeeeeepp.

Ray

The Northernah'
Home!! Had a great time! Hung out with Craig. Met quite a few members this year. Pictures tomorrow.. for now .. Sleeeeeeeepp.
Dude your beard should have its own area code!
default_tongue.png

Nice meeting you!

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
saw your car once when walking past the phoenix i believe.

also saw Craig while there (briefly for the few minutes i was awake after bar)

Glad to see so many mainely people out supporting sport.
default_additional_rockon.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig

I had a great time at NEFR '12! It was a bit hot but def worth it!

hung out with legwagon and saw a few mainely guys there!

abenson100

i had a great time this year good to see a lot of you guys out at the event. rode the VIP bus this year and got a bunch of pics. need to sort threw before posting but will have a bunch to share.

Stein

Stein
A fun weekend again. It's always nice to see you Mainely guys in person.

I've been scratching my head since Saturday, but there has got to be some way that NEFR can be organized better. There's got to be some answer other than throwing more money at the event. Everyone who can should volunteer to work next year. It's not that hard, you still get to watch, and you help keep the rally going.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
A fun weekend again. It's always nice to see you Mainely guys in person.

I've been scratching my head since Saturday, but there has got to be some way that NEFR can be organized better. There's got to be some answer other than throwing more money at the event. Everyone who can should volunteer to work next year. It's not that hard, you still get to watch, and you help keep the rally going.
Do explain what needs to be organized better.

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Uploading the day 2 video now....

to tide you over I got these shots at the Parc Expose

552583_10151289373764762_1392837845_n.jpg

534675_10151289374279762_886824024_n.jpg

And I've got the top three open class cars champagne celebration video.

Stein

Stein
Do explain what needs to be organized better.
Well I don't want to put words in Jimbo's mouth, but he mentioned something about having dedicated HAM towers to sit in the middle of stages. A bunch of the crew #2 guys were under a lot of stress due to communication mishaps I believe. He can probably chime in with more [accurate] detail.

And of course I feel like both this year and last, last minute worker dropouts always hurt.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Coms are always a problem. And typically it is because people are playing with stuff when they get to the event, but thus is the nature of volunteer radio folks. having a dedicated repeater for each stage would be $20,000. So it is likely a pipe dream at this point. but doing something with a cross band repeater would be doable IF we had more RALLY PEOPLE get their ham lic. The problem is that we have HAM people doing this.

A good deal of this will be ironed out for next year if things go correctly.

Stein

Stein
A good deal of this will be ironed out for next year if things go correctly.
Well that's good to hear at least.

Honestly I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to rally. I'll keep going to them though! I think I'm going to try and work for a local team at Olympus, as Kennedy suggested it to get one more perspective on rally.

And I almost forgot: Thanks to Pedro, Brighton, and TyTy for running sweep year after year. And of course Nate in Medical sweep.

DSCN2829.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
^ Let me see what I can find and upload... I might not have got it.... I had to duck under some shade for a few cars. it was HOT.

Latest posts

Back