scott's 05 wrx

WRB96IMPREZA

YouTube Moderator
I only had the stock one in there so I figured I might as well as something with the short shifter

I'm sure this one will get hot and slick too but I wanted it since I first saw it lol one of those had to have it things
I know that feeling haha. Ive looked for shift nobs but haven't really found one that I absolutely love

Jamey

Solution get dark tint lol I've has no proub ever since I illegalize my front windows , I also have a kart boy shift knob. It was never too hot even before it retinted

xxnightraven73x

^who i am ...what i say --->
so i got bored ...maybe didnt think this one totally through lol

bought a avo500 turbo it needs a lil love but easy fix .. not 100% if im going to run this monster or sell it once its fixed

xxnightraven73x

Nice pick up!!

Saw you at prompto when i drove by Friday, car looks good
thanks 

saw so many cars friday lol 111 to be exact and another 100 saturday lol

thanks again its getting there  

cant imagine the tuning this monster will take its basically a gt3076 stock location turbo lol

xxnightraven73x

well i went ahead and emailed eric at torqued performance to get his thoughts on tuning the monster or going with something a lil more tame lol 

guess we'll see what he says on all that 

so thoughts and plans are as this 

FMIC

wally 255

modded stock injectors or just larger injectors

avo500 or gt28r or ?

its fast but i feel it can be better lol 

or i just want too much....

either way its going to get more power  

xxnightraven73x

turbo is on hold till i get more money to rebuild the avo

picking up a fmic and hks ssqv bov this weekend for it 

dont know when they will go on but they are the right price and local lol

Marino

I <3 BOOST
interested to see how this goes because long term I want to go the same route (bigger turbo, fuel pump, injectors, sti tmic or fmic) but like Mike said not sure how it'll like the 2.0

Meyagi

I'm a hack
the best combo i have found for a stock 2 liter is a vf34/39/48, sti pink injectors, big ebay top mount and walbro pump. good for 255-265 awhp and a ton of fun to drive. best part is, stock like reliability, stock clutch will hold the power, and stock trans and motor are safe.

xxnightraven73x

I've been going back and forth on using the avo/gt3071 ..I doubt I'm going to use it as id like to keep some fuel mileage ..so I may rebuild it and sell it .. for the intercooler I've never been a fan of top mounts I feel they heatsoak way to easily and clutter up the engine bay...

Meyagi

I'm a hack
the top mounts do alright for the most part. fmic's are just a pain in the ass to install on a subaru and the gains with a vf turbo are minimal enough most people who go that route just stick with the top mount. for anything bigger then a vf, fmic is prob the way to go if you want to squeeze every ounce of power out. unless you dont get stuck in traffic much, and want lightning fast response. tmic+water meth is a killer setup, best of both worlds.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
the best combo i have found for a stock 2 liter is a vf34/39/48, sti pink injectors, big ebay top mount and walbro pump. good for 255-265 awhp and a ton of fun to drive. best part is, stock like reliability, stock clutch will hold the power, and stock trans and motor are safe.
^ so much this. Almost more fun to drive than an sti, don't know why. Wicked snappy.

xxnightraven73x

I've come to a decision that the avo won't be going on .. the front mount will go on ..I did a custom dual core on my stealth so this isn't hard to do .. a turbo upgrade will happen at some point I'm sure .. the stock td04 is maxed out right now with a spike of 20psi leveling out around 18psi I've discussed the front mount with Eric and he sees no issue with it or the tune with it being added..

xxnightraven73x

I honestly don't think it'll matter much I'll log it and send it anyway but all it really does it make the charge side longer making more volume to fill so it will lag slightly..

i do feel that after a decent 20+ minute drive you can feel the power drop off slightly which i would feel to be an attribute to the intercooler being in a 200+ degree engine bay and running high boost which also makes more heat .. 

ill probably get the front mount on tuesday afternoon since im out at 2 itll give me a decent amount of time to get everything set up and tested 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back