The unofficial GUN talk thread

Gretsch308

Did someone say 9mm???

a6ehysam.jpg

inski

Mmm, Baby Eagle.  

Nice collection guys!  Personally, I'm envious. But some day maybe I can catch up.

Ok listen up.  Looking for my dream rifle for purchase some day in the future.  Not sure when...

Needs to have----

* AR platform, so I can add and subtract goodies as I wish.  Might consider Sig or AK platform.  The AR is just weighted better.

* Mid length.

* Needs to have a left side charging handle.  like the FAL

* Needs to be in a caliber that didn't go dry during this administration. 7.62x39, maybe 7.62x51/308, definitely 243, 

Got any Ideas?

i-wagon

Blr .243 :p but seriously that's a pretty good caliber, have Model 70 featherweight in it, fast with the right weight, flat, still drop a Deer if placed right. Actually used that one 2 years ago, so many deer rifles I could use a different one every season for most of a decade. Now I need a carry gun for every day of the week

inski

Recoil erodes accuracy and the .243 is a pretty good, flat shootin, easy going, nice step in between .223 and .308 caliber.

carry that glock you have.  period.

i-wagon

Recoil erodes accuracy and the .243 is a pretty good, flat shootin, easy going, nice step in between .223 and .308 caliber.

carry that glock you have. period.
I actually shoot my model 70 .270 better, same model, same scope, I just do better with the.270I do Carry glock, only other handgun I have is the sr 22

Gretsch308

Mmm, Baby Eagle.

Nice collection guys! Personally, I'm envious. But some day maybe I can catch up.

Ok listen up. Looking for my dream rifle for purchase some day in the future. Not sure when...

Needs to have----

* AR platform, so I can add and subtract goodies as I wish. Might consider Sig or AK platform. The AR is just weighted better.

* Mid length.

* Needs to have a left side charging handle. like the FAL

* Needs to be in a caliber that didn't go dry during this administration. 7.62x39, maybe 7.62x51/308, definitely 243,

Got any Ideas?
Rock River used to make a lefty model. Stag Arms still does. They might be the same lower. I only see 6.8 mm and SPC.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Got lucky and Kati picked me up 3 boxes of 9mm for $13 per 50 at walmart yesterday. They had 3 more boxes but it was a 3 box limit.

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

WIZ, I found some in WIndham (Up in Arms).  $30 for ten rounds.  It was 'defensive' ammo, but definitely not worth $30/10. 
default_additional_jawdrop.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

Got lucky and Kati picked me up 3 boxes of 9mm for $13 per 50 at walmart yesterday. They had 3 more boxes but it was a 3 box limit.
Good, you got some.  I happen to stroll into the Windham WalMart 5 minutes after 1 box of 9mm was put on the shelf.  I snagged it.  The counter lady commented on my luck and told me it was only there 5 minutes but it did last 3 more minutes than usual.

We're gaining!

i-wagon

Almost bought the two boxes of .40 at the Oxford Wally world, but it was steel case. But I DID see it there for once

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Yeah hopefully it gets better. I'm going to blow through a bunch of ammo this weekend! Looking forward to really doing some shooting.

smelt240

Kind of toying with the idea of a Noreen .50bmg............ Id have to sell my Tommy gun to do it, but that .50 is so much fun...

Latest posts

Back