07 2.5i-wagon

i-wagon

I've done all the major maintenance, as long as I don't completely tool on it I'd like to at least get to 150k

i-wagon

Pads and rotors came today. Have caliper paint to redo them. doing that and starting to strip the steelies saturday. Might start tomorrow

i-wagon

The battle wagon sits in the garage on jack stands, wheels off, front brake caliper bolts loosened. Just remembered the floor is asphalt... But I think it's coldenough that they shouldn't sink in.

i-wagon

Everything apart, calipers and brackets drying after fresh paint, new hardware laid out at each wheel. Quick math in my head says about 320 invested in new pads, rotors, shipping the pads and rotors, hardware kits front and rear (napa) the sliding studs the clippers bolt to up front (napa) red caliper paint and 4 cans of 3m brake cleaner. Started at 8:30 and now I'm just waiting to reassemble after a walk to get coffee.

Added bonus. Boss lady said "you're just saying you need brakes so you can upgrade, you never leave that thing alone" well...jokes on her

cwiggin

Tell her gotta have a safe car for the baby
default_wink.png
haha

i-wagon

still have a noise when turning right. Starting to wonder if a wheel bearing is getting loose. And I have the parking brake adjusted a bit tight...i can lock the left up on pavement at 2mph by just easing the lever up

i-wagon

Some jackhole (probably me) forgot to tighten any of the lug nuts before the test ride, so that may be the cause of the noise I heard. Parking brake, I can live with. All that's left is install my SiF stickerz for moar power

i-wagon

Brakes were smoking when I finished my maiden voyage, but nothing was hot. Chalk it up to break in?

i-wagon

That's the general consensus. Parking brake stuck first time I parked it, thinking it's paint that got washed down by brake cleaner. Didn't do it again

i-wagon

Very impressed with my new brake package. I was ~100lbs overweight hauling scrap yesterday and I had zero issue stopping. Total vehicle weight surprised me though. I don't have my scale slip handy but it was around 4200 with an empty trailer. Anyway, those pads have some serious bite, and they're quiet. The website said not as much longevity, but If I get 30k out of them it'd be worth it

i-wagon

Thinking about doing a roof basket again. Ned a set of cross bars first. The ones I have are the chincy new version. If anyone has the old type aero cross bars with the rubber strip in them let me know

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Very impressed with my new brake package. I was ~100lbs overweight hauling scrap yesterday and I had zero issue stopping. Total vehicle weight surprised me though. I don't have my scale slip handy but it was around 4200 with an empty trailer. Anyway, those pads have some serious bite, and they're quiet. The website said not as much longevity, but If I get 30k out of them it'd be worth it
I tell people to buy that setup for a reason. It works and its reasonably priced.

i-wagon

Just decent rotors through napa (with my work discount) was going to cost more than that package

i-wagon

Trip to the county this weekend. Got some decent pictures from the scenic lookout of Katahdin off 95. Need to get my film developed (yes, film) then I'll post pics from the CD. Got 26 mpg too, wound right up to 3750 from bangor to Houlton. That new high speed limit isn't good for fuel.

Latest posts

Back