death of a ricer...birth of an rs

Matt

well its been a few months since my last months since my last update so here it goes.......about 3 weeks ago I quit VIP...best thing ive ever done....went to Prime Toyota, the service manager actually sought me out which made me feel pretty good, gladly accepted his offer!!! My first full week there I made more money in one week than in two over at vip....its strictly flat rate but youd have to be dumb to not be able to make money. very happy with the change.

So the other day my radio died, it was some touch screen double din jensen that came with the car when I bought, navi,satellite radio,blue tooth blah blah. I really didnt see the point of having such an expensive radio especially after I started pricing new ones. I checked out best buy, they had some cheaper radios but still did what I wanted...play music-cd-ipod-iphone hookup....but here lies the issue...it was a single din that needed to fit the factory double din spot, usually this is fixed by getting a dash kit...easy enough right. Wrong....apparently there isn't much out there or they just don't stock much because I was sold the wrong kit twice which caused me to go backtwice to return it all....I finally had enough and started to fab my own kit. I made some brackets that would fit the stock bolt locations as well as the radio. That went fine but then I had a space under the radio that needed to be filled, didnt like just filling the hole so I then rememberd I had the factory navi pack that some rs cars came with....idea....what if I could make them both fit in there!!!! checked fitment and it was just about perfect, I couldn't use the trim ring on the radio but it all fit, mounted the two pieces together, ran some new wires to the new location, typically the navi pack is mounted up high. got it all buttoned up and this is what I have, I think it looks pretty cool, still has the upper cubby hole and I still get to use the navi pack.......win

dash2.jpg

dash1.jpg

Stein

Stein
Nice. And yeah, those navi kits are exactly 1-DIN. I've seen people put their stereos up where the cubby goes.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Looks good. I always wanted a navi thing since the first time I saw one in RezPunk (now abensons) RS.

The navipack is 1DIN high, so if you decide you don't use it much and want to use the space, you can swap it in for a 1DIN cubby to put things like your phone, keys, gum, MS Cards, shotgun shells, etc instead. But really, those navpacks are awesome, keep it.

sooch

Type-RA
Matt the car looks great! I didn't realize how bad it looked before when you told me about it like 2 weeks ago haha. What part of Lowes did you guys tear up, I was trying to figure that out.

Matt

EVERYWHERE..... home base for the southern Maine snow drifting syndicate!!!! There's videos on here

Matt

Small update. Got home tonight and found a package
a689897e-3b31-a93e.jpg

Busted it open a found some red custom made rally flaps. There well used but will work fine. Getting ready for winter!!!!

a689897e-3bb2-e2a6.jpg

Thanks ray

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

a68989b6-e1e3-5a2d.jpg

180/45 aluminized steel tubing. 2.5 inch and two flanges. What ever could it become????

Matt

Time for some updates!!!!

So I was driving from prime Toyota to the other side of Westbrook to pick up my daughter from daycare. Pulled in and a huge cloud of steam came from under the hood. All I could say was oh crap. Crawled under to see my water pump had let go and was leaking heavily. What was worse was the coolant was going directly onto my borla header and the wrapping was holding onto the coolant. Awful smell. Made a dash to napa and luckily my friend Chris aka raw fuel was there. Got a good deal on a water pump and t belt and pulleys. Went home and tore into her. Found this.

4a4e31f8-d5fd-7fe9.jpg

Bottom of the gasket failed!!! Got it squared away and she was alive again.

4a4e31f8-d661-ad02.jpg

Bought some stuff , sti shift knob and 22b replica hood vents. Hated the vis cf ones.

4a4e31f8-d677-c283.jpg

Prob wasn't real but I don't care.

4a4e31f8-d69b-5ca0.jpg

4a4e31f8-d6ae-e761.jpg

4a4e31f8-d6ee-a972.jpg

Got a good deal from my friend chad on an sti diffuser. Does it do anything ... No. Does it look cool.... Yup

4a4e31f8-d706-41dd.jpg

4a4e31f8-d71c-18dd.jpg

Drove it awhile and got another deal from chad on some wrx wheels and brand new Firestone snows... Ditched the crappy Rotas that are bent to hell.....
4a4e31f8-d770-b07e.jpg

Still no snow!!!!

Mikey, our friend fresh craig and myself did a kangamangus drive which was awesome. Mikes friend Jules took some awesome photos.
4a4e31f8-d7cd-89ce.jpg

4a4e31f8-d7de-1064.jpg

4a4e31f8-d846-17a4.jpg

Time went by and the urge to mod came back. Got some hella 500s and wired those up. I had been having issues with the wiring ever since my ricer got ahold of it so

it's on a seperate switch. Stupid bright

4a4e31f8-d855-c3ba.jpg
4a4e31f8-d86b-0343.jpg

Hids Hids and Hellas. Pic doesn't do it justice!!!

Also got something I've always wanted!!! Jdm wrx gauge cluster. 9k tach, 180 mph. Decent price.

Had a cf over lay put in that I'll take back out!!!

4a4e31f8-d8dc-953d.jpg
4a4e31f8-d8b6-e03b.jpg

Dirt drive Sunday so well see how this thing does in the dirt/snow. I'm kinda excited for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

My buddy mike is building his car and needed a motor. I simply havnt had the time to sit down and assemble and do the build. It's no simple undertaking!!! For now it'll stay n/a, I'll get a back up car and save some pennies and just do a full swap down the road.

sooch

Type-RA
likes 28492.3 things were installed on your car since your last update lol. car is lookin' good as always. when are we getting snow.....

Latest posts

Back