Fall Group Drive to the White Mountians

Stryker

What are the chances of me being able to hop in through Fryeburg? That's where I live and it would be sort of more convenient for me
default_additional_spin.gif

Acky

Anyone rolling out from the Brunswick\Topsham\surrounding area, want to meet up and cruse down together?

Stryker

I assume you will be coming through the traffic light in the middle of the town, should be rather easy to spot a group of subarus...I will just hop in if I can make it! Thanks.

COSTIGAN86

Sorry guys, I don't know if I can make it. Was travelling rte9 yesterday and clutch started slipping. Now the thrash is on to get a clutch and flywheel here and put in on Saturday. If I can, I'm still in.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Alrighty, who's going to meet at dysarts for northerners? PM me and i'll get a count, both names and phone numbers so we won't leave anyone behind.

Stryker

Just a suggestion, I know I'm new here and all but I do live in the area and I know this road is a lot of fun and worth adding into the drive. I think I PM'd the OP about it but never sent him an actual link...just suggesting that the route goes over hurricane mountain road, it adds like 15 minutes or something like that but the road is really fun and really nice this time of year.

Link of route below.

Route with Hurricane Mt Road

Oh and sign me up, I'm in
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Meyagi

I'm a hack
the prob with hurricane mt road is there are quite a few bumpy areas, and its a very twisty and narrow road to try to get 50 cars up the mt. then the decent you pretty much gotta stay in 1st or ride your brakes the whole way down.... ive been over it a ton of times on my motorcycle, but only once in my car. if theres any traffic at all, it could be a major hassle with all the cars.

Stryker

the prob with hurricane mt road is there are quite a few bumpy areas, and its a very twisty and narrow road to try to get 50 cars up the mt. then the decent you pretty much gotta stay in 1st or ride your brakes the whole way down.... ive been over it a ton of times on my motorcycle, but only once in my car. if theres any traffic at all, it could be a major hassle with all the cars.
That is true, but this time of year all of the people that are coming over it to look at the leaves have probably left, local traffic is pretty low and it will be closing soon for the winter. It was just an idea, it is your trip after all. As for the bumpy parts I don't really remember anything other than just the road itself, there really are no potholes ect...and on the other side of it the road has been patched up a little bit so it rides a bit better. Again only a suggestion, either way it will be fun.

K

Kati

I was just thinking out loud. Just amused by something. I had other words there, but changed them.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
Alrighty, who's going to meet at dysarts for northerners? PM me and i'll get a count, both names and phone numbers so we won't leave anyone behind.
less than a week.

Still awaiting "strut rod" bushings, and a billet oil filter.

I do not want to go far without both...and I ought to have a 15inch spare. As of now a thumping torque steer (not as bad as it seems written), aside from bent sway bar (no problem) the strut rod bushing is what really jumps out me.. it is buried almost out of sight. That would need 23 years to do that. I ponder a balljoint crealy p[opping its way out of limits, wherever this ride may be going.

..and a peeve I get with the carbed engine (cold runner) 85psi oil when cold and everything with a bearing thrashing in the starts, pressure reliefs WIDe open. Ridiculous. I await a billet filter almost as "manly" as the ea82.

this weekend is getting close. This would be the third (?) year I may miss the pile of subes in a bigger ride.

I am never ordering from a particular place again.
default_angry.png

edit

Scheduled Delivery Date: 10/25/2010

I am almost convinced me and suby gatherings aren't to happen.
default_unsure.png

Last edited by a moderator:

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
less than a week.

Still awaiting "strut rod" bushings, and a billet oil filter.

I do not want to go far without both...and I ought to have a 15inch spare. As of now a thumping torque steer (not as bad as it seems written), aside from bent sway bar (no problem) the strut rod bushing is what really jumps out me.. it is buried almost out of sight. That would need 23 years to do that. I ponder a balljoint crealy p[opping its way out of limits, wherever this ride may be going.

..and a peeve I get with the carbed engine (cold runner) 85psi oil when cold and everything with a bearing thrashing in the starts, pressure reliefs WIDe open. Ridiculous. I await a billet filter almost as "manly" as the ea82.

this weekend is getting close. This would be the third (?) year I may miss the pile of subes in a bigger ride.

I am never ordering from a particular place again.
default_angry.png

edit

I am almost convinced me and suby gatherings aren't to happen.
default_unsure.png

Hey, Do you want to ride down? I think i may know where you live in bangor. I've seen you're car between market st. and center st. i think on willow st. I live on Palm and i could pick you up to head to dysarts. Let me know. I can fit at least 2 comfortably in the back of my wrx. My gf is already going with me but you are more than welcome to ride with us.

So I asked for the day off and I won't know if I got it till Friday. An I definitely aint calling in sick, i'd probably get fired. I'm half tempted to bring a cooler and grill an turn our lunch stop into a bbq! But that would probably take up to much time. So as to be clear and prepared...i need a full tank of fuel, lunch/bevarges, toll fee's, a chair, am I missing anything?

Latest posts

Back