How bad do you beat on your car?

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
i honestly cant tell which of you guys are joking around (6k dumps everyday? really?) and who's being serious...
default_wink.png

i drive hard, but im not abusive.

if it needs a dumping they aint firing anyway. silly kids..

I forget how tough they are, going on 15 years with just one model older than some of the drivers.

smacked deer, no errors..

timing belt broke, keep going on 2 cylinders,

no antoifreeze at all in the block and a trip from bangor maine to massachussetts (my brother is real smart like that)

most recently was my little hot rod ea82 blowing a headgasket on the highway... winterport exit, back around to home in bangor.. 3 cylinders, one of which blew the gasket out to external...

that same car is back up and running tougher than ever. outside, my daily..ready to go.

of course I am biased even in suby land. my only foriegn car, a former mechanic and public service with many has narrowed my opinions down about them. I donlt like a lot more than I do... tough suby stories today are lucky more than factual.

..and stomp dumping the clutch and make it fire first.. 3k rpm should do what you were intending.

apkarian100

Vendor
I don't beat on my car, persay, but give me an empty parking lot snow covered or a nice dirt or aspalt winding road and I will have fun. I don't rip my ebrake, launch, or dump the clutch. I simply lay the foot on the gas and get to maybe 4-5k max rpms and all is happy with my car.

Stein

Stein
Standard parking brakes aren't for initiating slides anyway. Don't you need some fancy, newfangled hydraulic handbrake for that?

Stryker

Standard parking brakes aren't for initiating slides anyway. Don't you need some fancy, newfangled hydraulic handbrake for that?
I don't think so. As far as I know the hydraulic brakes just go into the brake lines and lock up the rear wheels, the standard parking brake does the same thing, but the hydraulic has an easier pull, doesn't need the button pushed down, I am pretty sure that the only thing that would happen that's bad from using your normal parking brake would be stretching the wire that engages it. I'm no expert though
default_wink.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
if you use your handbrake all the time you will fugg up your center diff over time.

Stryker

if you use your handbrake all the time you will fugg up your center diff over time.
True, depending on the car, I think the 6 speed manuals will disconnect it when you pull the hand brake. If you put in the clutch pedal it will help as well.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
True, depending on the car, I think the 6 speed manuals will disconnect it when you pull the hand brake. If you put in the clutch pedal it will help as well.
The older ones will disconnect, the newer ones wont.

Iboc_C64

Yep, if I remember right, the new ones have a locked center differential right? I was giving Dan crap about E-Baking his 2008 because of that. I only do it on snow and other loose surfaces.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Yep, if I remember right, the new ones have a locked center differential right? I was giving Dan crap about E-Baking his 2008 because of that. I only do it on snow and other loose surfaces.
It's full time viscus diff rather than being controlled by clutches with DCCD, or something like that. I'm not completely sure on the specifics.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
It's full time viscus diff rather than being controlled by clutches with DCCD, or something like that. I'm not completely sure on the specifics.

It is a Mechanical LSD that is charged with a partial amount of the link and the DCCD is responsible for the rest.

and a mechanical (non clutch) diff is not damaged (well anywhere near as much)like a Viscous or clutch type diff would be

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
The e-brake on my GL actuates the front wheels... I don't have any issue getting it really sideways!! Just ask the people who were on the mainely snow drive!!

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
The e-brake on my GL actuates the front wheels... I don't have any issue getting it really sideways!! Just ask the people who were on the mainely snow drive!!
haha 90 degrees sideways down a hill almost into a couple of trees. I saw you in my rear view mirror!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
haha 90 degrees sideways down a hill almost into a couple of trees. I saw you in my rear view mirror!!
Almost...? I flattened them. At the next stop somebody actually asked what happened to the small trees around that downhill left turn...
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Amazingly I didn't end up in the swamp, I got it back under control. Had nothing to do with the e-brake though... Had a lot more to do with counter steer and lots of skinny pedal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back