Jesse's Bugeye

injulen

I've been meaning to look at vinyl prices. My e250 has a great factory paint job but the color is... Well it could be better haha. I would hate to sand off the factory finish because its such great paint so vinyl seems like a good alternative.

Visonik

could also wrap it in vinyl, which is almost or just as addicting as dip once you get the hang of it

I did my center console in 3m gloss black vinyl. I love how it looks
I feel like I would need to practice with the vinyl on something else before I tackled the trunk. I don't have the patience for it I don't think haha. That's why I was leaning towards dip. I know I'm good enough with a spray can to not have to worry about it. Vinyl is more expensive too, is it not?

Visonik

I moved to New Hampshire last week and I'm still looking for a job, so I can't afford anything for my car 
default_unsure.png

I can always do free stuff, though! Did a DRL delete today. Took all of 30 seconds (including struggling on the ground to get my 6'2" body looking under the glove box).

In exchange for my wheel spacers, a buddy of mine is going to make up a wooden floor for my trunk so I can have something more sturdy and also so I can put some trunk anchors in the floor so things don't fly all over the place. He's in school for cabinet making, so I figure he's going to do a much better job than I would with it.

Marino

I <3 BOOST
NICE! ISC. I just installed those this past weekend. Love the ride so far and the look of my car now even more. well worth every penny!

Visonik

NICE! ISC. I just installed those this past weekend. Love the ride so far and the look of my car now even more. well worth every penny!
I'm pretty excited for them! I was going to get Racelands, but I saw these at WBM for 750 bucks brand new, so I just had to. With that discount and the better quality, I had to splurge and spend the extra $250.

Visonik

Got the coilovers installed and pretty much where I want them height-wise. If anything, I'd go up just a smidge more in the rear, but time is not on my side right now and not having a garage means this is good for now!

Don't mind the dirt..

sl6y68.jpg

2h6rs3k.jpg

Visonik

So, upon looking more closely at my car's interior, I decided two things.

1. It's pretty beat up.

2. It's super dirty above the doors.

Rather than just cleaning things, I saw it as an opportunity to make a change I've been thinking about for a while. I removed the visors and map lights and other interior things that were tan, washed em up, and hit it with some black plastidip. I didn't do everything, since I'm not sure it's a permanent change, and the plastidip isn't sticking well to the oh shit handles or the visors.

Pitcures!

ao2i3l.jpg

erzerc.jpg

vsc188.jpg

dgh1d4.jpg

The color is actually pretty close to the black of the doors and other pieces. I like how it looks, so sometime I'm going to have to go all out and paint it permanently. I'll also be putting new fabric on the headliner at the same time. Something other than black, maybe a darker blue to match the seats.

Visonik

Thanks! I've seen pictures on Nasioc and stuff, but wasn't sure if i'd like it in my car. After doing it, i like it way better! Instead of having everything below the windows being black and blue, and the top being tan. The tan just didn't fit in my opinion.

This is the picture I first saw:

20140430_123209.jpg

07NAHWKI

Are you visors fabric? I didn't dip mine cause of them being fabric, but I heard of people using fabric, not sure how well it works though. I also skipped the oh-shit handles to add a little contrast to the black trim and black headliner. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Visonik

Are you visors fabric? I didn't dip mine cause of them being fabric, but I heard of people using fabric, not sure how well it works though. I also skipped the oh-shit handles to add a little contrast to the black trim and black headliner. 
I think they are a plasticy fake leathery fabric? I don't know how to explain it haha. But not a soft feeling fabric. The dip isn't acting normal on them or the oh shit handles, either. So I don't know what's up with that.

If yours are fabric, might I suggest..

http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/rit-dye-black-no-15-liquid-.htm?cvsfa=2700&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3539383939&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google+-+%28Product+Listing+Ads%29&utm_term=pla&utm_content=2lIgfB2vdc|pcrid|24173969893|pkw|pla|pmt|e|

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back