Jesse's Bugeye

Visonik

I would imagine that the shade of green depends on how much dye you use on it. I can't imagine it's super hard to mess up. Just use less than you think you need and work from there.

Visonik

So apparently we aren't allowed to have nice things anymore. I was on the highway heading south right before Carmel, when some redneck in a beat up, late 90's Ford regular cab truck catches up to me and goes to pass me right before exit 174. His piece of doo doo redneck passenger then slams something onto my roof and the driver cuts me off and takes the exit. I called the cops but I never got the plate number since I was trying to avoid being smashed into. I just worked on fixing the body on this and now there's a scratch on the roof. No dents, but a scratch is still very frustrating.

My car is no where near as bad as what happened to Matt, but people are such futher muckers lately.

Hopefully I can buff this out at work this week and I won't have to repaint the roof :/

Visonik

That sounds like it was awful. People suck. Glad they didn't run you off the road though.
It's really just frustrating more than a scarring experience.

Whats done is done and theres nothing to do about it but try and fix up that scratch.

Visonik

I bought a DSLR camera and it arrived today, so I can actually take good pictures!

Well, better pictures than before, and good ones once I get good with the camera and editing...

A few unedited shots:

atx6bt.jpg

zxnq6c.jpg

ogx5c7.jpg

Also, a lily, because without girly things, where would we be?

2pt1g1j.jpg

Visonik

PLOT TWIST:

It only slips until the engine is warm... I noticed it wasn't slipping on my way to work this morning about half way there. So I got to a stretch where the speed limit is 50 and gave it a little hell and nothing. It went like it's suppose to.

When the engine is cold, it only slips when I get around 3500-4000 rpm's and if I'm accelerating a bit faster, like to get into traffic.

Visonik

I actually thought about that. It is leaking oil, hardly any but it's leaking. It looks like it's a valve cover gasket, but it could be leaking from somewhere else.

Matt

On the back side of the motor there are two plates that are known to leak a little. Take a peak under the car where the trans and motor come together and see if you can see anything.

Visonik

Hmm. I'll have to look into that. I'll have to see if I can get it on one of the lifts after work this week.

Visonik

Considering getting clear corner lights and painting the wheels...

Any one have thoughts on wheel colors? I was thinking a gold or bronze, since in the light, my paint reflects that color...

Visonik

Perfect day for that drive!
It really was! It was 50 degrees at the top and there was (surprisingly) no wind. Visibility was 50 miles. They're doing construction up there, someone told us that this week they're bringing a crane to the top. That'd be a scary drive!

Visonik

Fresh oil change, new air filter, and some good old fashioned cleaning this week. 

Bad news, last time I put my roof rack on there must have been dirt on the feet, there are some small little chips in the paint... More like dents in it but it still sucks.

Thinking about taking off my vortex generator and investing in a mid spoiler, thoughts?

Elfie

So I got my mudflaps on today. They're the cheap Rally Armors, so they didn't come with pre-drilled mounting holes or any hardware, so I just planned it out ahead of time and picked up some bigger washers, longer bolts, and a couple steel spacers. The rear bumper already had open holes for the bolts in the side, and for the third, I popped out the jesus clip on the inside of the wheel well and replaced that with the longer bolt and spacer. For the front I used the clips that are helping to hold the side skirt I believe and a good old self tapping screw.

Here's what they look like out of the box:

2ebviqd.jpg

So to line up where to drill holes, I used two thumb tacks. All I did is line the flaps up how I want them to be on the car and pushed the tack in the bottom through so it would sit in the bottom of the hole for the push clips, then just guess and checked for the top hole. That's why I used a thumb tack, I can guess and check and it just leaves little holes instead of just winging it. I took a picture, but it's kind of hard to tell what the tacks are doing exactly..

30s7y10.jpg

So after that I just drilled holes for the clips to go through. To save time, I taped the other side to this one so they were all lined up and just drilled again using the original as a template. If you don't tape it, the drill could slide a bit and your hole will be off by a bit. That happened to me when I did the back.

2ms1u1v.jpg

After that It was just a matter of mounting them up. The front had the clips and a self tapping screw and the rear had nuts and bolts.

The front:

34438yx.jpg

The rear:

ev58o6.jpg

And the final product..

rvkow1.jpg

33yktw9.jpg

I was a bit skeptical about using just the clips and a self tapping screw in the front, but it seems to be holding on pretty well. I'm actually impressed with my laziness. Now that the snow let up, I think I'm going to do the black out headlight mod.
Hey! So if you had that vortex generator on your car a few days ago, then it was definitely you, who I saw! Also, your car is gorgeous!!! I am not a big fan of bugeyes but I absolutely love your car! Great work!

Thoughts about vortex generator or mid-spoiler - I personally like the look of the vortex generator more!

Visonik

Hey! So if you had that vortex generator on your car a few days ago, then it was definitely you, who I saw! Also, your car is gorgeous!!! I am not a big fan of bugeyes but I absolutely love your car! Great work!

Thoughts about vortex generator or mid-spoiler - I personally like the look of the vortex generator more!
Thanks! I've done a loooot to it to get it looking good haha.

I was thinking of losing the generator because, to protect the brand new paint, I put clear vinyl under it so I wasn't sticking 3M tape to it. The edge where the vinyl ends collects dirt and looks like poop.

I do like the vortex generator but I also like the mid spoiler, so I'm torn. I usually like them in combination with an sti wing, but I saw a couple down in new hampshire that just have the mid spoiler. One had a carbon fiber trunk so he can do what ever he wants anyway... But still.

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Your talking about the "roof vane" spoiler that came on the 06/07 STi's right? funny, I actually like how those look on an wingless car the best. I want to get one of those too, eventually. I think it would look AWESOME on yours, in my opinion!

Latest posts

Back