NEFR Photo/Video/ Post-event banter

jmacfoto

I competently agree on that I was about a half mile in front of the jump on concord pond and when we left we almost got hit by drunk teenagers and the where everywhere!

Very sad to drive up from two hrs away just to see concord pond and it get ruined this way!

jmacfoto

I was not able to post my photos for some reason but I have a couple shots of the concord pond run on my flickr check it out condcord pond run

I have some more from that run as well if anyone is looking for a certain car!

Enjoy

Ray

The Northernah'
oh, I didnt know any mainely member lived close to where I work in NH....Dana place in Jackson is where im at..back to rally talk!

katnip

the car is black. I swear
the best way to help remedy the problems on concord pond is to volunteer to marshall. it's not like you won't get a good vantage point. I know its not fun to herd stupid drunks, but the more herders we have the better we can control all the drunk idiots and avoid stage closures caused by the drunk idiots. even if you only volunteer for that stage and spectate the rest of the time.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
the best way to help remedy the problems on concord pond is to volunteer to marshall. it's not like you won't get a good vantage point. I know its not fun to herd stupid drunks, but the more herders we have the better we can control all the drunk idiots and avoid stage closures caused by the drunk idiots. even if you only volunteer for that stage and spectate the rest of the time.
kat I think best way to get point across to local community is to cancel Concord Pond for 2012 and publicize that the actions of a few made it unsafe for all. then local pressure should help clean things up going forward....the locals make too much $$$ to let a good thing slip by. local pressure helps keep the snowmobile and ATV community in line, it can work for rally hooligans too.

then a year later the stage can come back with a fresh spectator plan in pace (like snow fencing in problem areas)...just to reinforce the point that NEFR organizers mean business when it comes to managing safety.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
+2

Marshalls aren't going to stop lifted bro trucks driving by at 50mph with open containers and people hanging out of the cab or standing in the bed. Fencing and bodies can only stop so much.

Presently there are two options.

1. Cancel Concord and go media heavy saying "THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS".

2. Wait until someone gets killed on Concord. This option lets the media tell what ever story they want, which may reflect poorly upon the organization and/or the rally community. Plus someone got killed, which is, you know, bad.

GREASEMONKEY