September Meet - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruggedman

Paging Ruggedman.
Andy check out their website's top menu bar with the pics of all the taps. Samichlaus is in it! Need I remind you that is the beer i destroyed my friend's night with on your suggestion hahaha. he got refused at fore play like an hour later hahaha
Ebenezer's is the same guy that owns the Lion's Pride in brunswick. Lovell is a ways up there! De Struise Black Albert was actually brewed for Ebenezer's...look at the label if you ever find it! Such a killer beer!

Samichlaus is actually on tap at Lion's Pride right now, I'm glad it wrecked your buddy...that's what that friggen beer does! I've had the two types they make and they're both stupid strong 14% ABV. Lions pride also has the 120 on tap right now at a shocking 21%ABV.

ANNNNND while we're on the topic....those with tents listen up!!!

Ebenezer's has a belgian fest every year. Starts like august 20th this year and runs for like 9 days. You can camp on his yard, it's like woodstock but with dank beers instead of music. There's music too though....so fear not. I'm going to get out there for at least 3 days of solid drinking. He's got 15 lambics to put on tap
default_smile.png
absolutely insane. I'm sure i'll be there with a group of friends but i'd love to know if any of you guys are going to venture up as well.
default_biggrin.png

ruggedman

im not really into drinking then driving but beer seems to be rather important so why hasnt anyone brought up the great lost bear? over 50 beers on tap good food for meat eaters and veggie peeps and there is a few large "rooms" im sure we could rent out. how many people do we think are going?
The bear is awesome, STM had a meet there back in the day (all 6 of us that showed). It would be hard to get them to accommodate us. And parking is a bit of a hassel there (though it's doable!). The service is kinda meh though...i've pretty much given up on an MS event there, unless our numbers drop a lot. 20-30 ok. 50-60 NO WAY!
default_smile.png

ruggedman

how long have you been of the herbivore variety?
Not 100%. I still eat fish and stuff from the ocean.
default_smile.png
But i've been going on since about late April. I miss a lot of the BBQ joints we were talking about earlier!
default_biggrin.png
But i've lost about 10-15 lbs and my cholesterol is back to normal range from kinda high a year ago. Turns out I'm just not designed to eat those things! On the plus side I feel absolutely awesome too since doing it!
default_biggrin.png

topdeeni

most people feel better when they cut certain crap out of thier diets...

A long time ago I was challenged to totally eliminate dairy for a month... Amazing how much better I felt yet upset at the fact I had been existing in life feeling like crap withut ever knowing it. Some of the healthiest peeps I know are the little skinny, humus eating cardio machines that ride bikes and have ribs stikkin out like ethiopians....

I do have a question about this meet and I apologize if I offend anyone... especially since I have my own vices... A major concern here seems to B the ability to consume alcohol... Don't any of U guys werry about the insanely low BAL that will get U popped for DUI? I know to many people who have hurt themselves, hurt thier friends or even worse dragged innocent people into it... It is always lurking in the back of my mind and I try to B concious of how little it takes to "blow" past the legal limit in todays world...

Please don't take this wrong or as any type of attack or take me the wrong way.. I have had plenty of sketchy moments in my time, have my own collection of vices and probably got nothing to say...We are all adults and can make our own decision regardless of what others think of them, I do every day!

I have some serious and not to happy memories of alcohol/drug related boo-boo's involving friends/relatives/classmates/co-workers making terrible mistakes that could have easily been avoided.... I would hate to see something happen to any of the people I have met here and enjoy conversing with..

and..back on topic..... .......................................................................................................

I can see this taking forever to decide on a place.. when it boils down to it, no matter the location... the drive distance is not as consequential to me as finding a babysitter...

I have learned a valuable lesson here in my short time... I bought and moded my car to drive, enjoy and share with other sewbie owners. Time to start taking advantage of that regardless and hanging with some more kewl peeps regardless of where this ends up. We could do this in an empty parking lot with a gas grill and cooler...

If a babysitter is available the wife and I WILL B there even if its in Caribou.

wzrd

.......................................................................................................

I can see this taking forever to decide on a place.. when it boils down to it, no matter the location... the drive distance is not as consequential to me as finding a babysitter...

I have learned a valuable lesson here in my short time... I bought and moded my car to drive, enjoy and share with other sewbie owners. Time to start taking advantage of that regardless and hanging with some more kewl peeps regardless of where this ends up. We could do this in an empty parking lot with a gas grill and cooler...

If a babysitter is available the wife and I WILL B there even if its in Caribou.
I like your idea of a empty parking lot,grill and cooler....Ive got a field and a porta potty to donate to the cause:)

XDIRTYX

forgot about the lack of parking at GLB
default_additional_sillylol.gif
i really dont care where we go, i just want to meet everyone a check out some dirty cars!
default_additional_headbang.gif

Mark

If alcohol ever became an issue we would address it, but so far everyone has been responsible, whether it be staying within ones means, or going completely balls out beyond their means...but bringing a DD...(STInate).

We're not hosting college parties, just adult gatherings, and like most adult gatherings, we'll have a few beers. i've never been concerned with the way MS carries themselves* and i hope that continues

*above statement does not include actions of one "patsti"

ruggedman

If alcohol ever became an issue we would address it, but so far everyone has been responsible, whether it be staying within ones means, or going completely balls out beyond their means...but bringing a DD...(STInate).
Right on. Pretty standard life rules though...

I've definately slept in the back of my WRX while i wait for a buzz to disappear. It's more comfy than a jail cell and $1000+ in fines.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

K

Kati

As far as the meets go, it had always been expressed that people would feel more comfortable consuming alcohol. I have never seen anyone get sloppy drunk, but have seen one person way beyond their limit who should have stopped at maybe one. I don't drink, but I'm not going for the alcohol, I am going because I am a Subaru Enthusiast, and am dating one.

We have only missed two meets in the several years of being members, once when I was in MD, and the baseball one (which I may have been in MD).

The meeting place is often disputed, and usually the ones who make suggestions never end up going to the place they suggested after all.

It'd be great if more sensible meeting places are suggested. With a variety of places listed, it will help the Moderator in charge pick a place that would suit all of our needs. Without ideas, they are limited, and we end up settling on mediocre establishments.

This thread is about finding a restaurant for the September meet (and beyond), so let's get our thinking caps on and really come up with a place that will knock our socks off!

As far as needing a babysitter, I don't see why your kid(s) couldn't come. I am sure they are well behaved, and if they are unruley, it's only one night, and they get to sleep on the ride home. We've had a handful of kids at the meet and they never bothered anyone and vice versa.

I'd hate for this to boil down to everyone being stuck going to ONE place consecutively for many months, to where it gets monotonous, and members start dropping meets- including the Moderators who made the suggestion in the first place.

Carter

Administrator
but have seen one person way beyond their limit who should have stopped at maybe one.

Kati I told you I was sorry and I wouldnt do it again! I can't hold my liquor. And you promised you wouldn't bring it up again...
default_eek.gif

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I usually just bring my girlfriend that way I have fun driving there talking and what not then I get to eat and drink and she drives home. She doesn't mind because pretty much the only time she gets to drive is when im slightly intoxicated.

topdeeni

I usually just bring my girlfriend that way I have fun driving there talking and what not then I get to eat and drink and she drives home. She doesn't mind because pretty much the only time she gets to drive is when im slightly intoxicated.
please delete that post ASAP... the last thing I need my wife to read is UR letting UR woman drive UR STI....

Do U have ANY idea how much she is goading me to drive the thing? I have been sooo avoiding it.....please hellllllllp me....

She will read this, come to the meet, conspire with Ur woman to get us drunk so that she can drive my car.....noooooooooooooooo.....

remember...this is her

[/url]

hijacked...

topdeeni

kewl... she can drive UR car then 'cause I am 80% sure we will B able to make it...

Last edited by a moderator:

topdeeni

80% just became 100% as far as we can see...

Talked to the babystitter this AM to confirm... U gotta catch 'em early and still asleep for proper negotiations...hahaha

topdeeni

This is the Sept. meet thread so you are not trying for the Aug meet
default_biggrin.png
anything I type that shows up on the site with an "AM" time stamp does not count... I will deny all accountability for it and blame it on the pappillion.

It isn't noon-thirty yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back