Snowball!!

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
2e2ymaga.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
Im guessing snowball's feeling a little neglected and betrayed :)

a2e4uve3.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
This one's getting parked at the garage tomorrow for about 2 more weeks, during which time, I'll be swapping parts from the RS to this.  Sway bar, endlinks, Coilovers, Pitch Stop, The new Perrin Motor mounts (Already installed the tranny mount), HID's, Hella Horns, Driving Lights, stereo etc...Then snowball can go to another new loving home with a big static lift!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Do you have an STi rear sway bar and endlinks on your RS? Because that's what fits the XT. The WRX stuff doesn't fit right.

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
I have a Perrin 25mm Adjustable Bar with STi Endlinks.  It's the full kit with the Stout Mounts and all.  I think it should work great with the GD Suspension, but you'd know more then I would all things considered.  I need to put 2 new o2 sensors in this, the parts I already have, and then I can start hording parts for the power upgrade.  It came with a short ram MAF adaptor intake.  My work makes our own silicone turbo inlets, so I have one of those, I have the 255 already.  Just need to decide on a uppipe, downpipe, and weather I want to put my STi Axleback on, or buy one.  I've been looking for TMIC's, but I might go front mounted.  Convienantly, we make our own line of subi bolt-on turbo's, so I think one of those will be a little better then the VF39.  

They aren't in the best of shape Matt, and they are covering up some pretty nasty rust.  The passenger side ones have screw holes in them holding them on.  

IBratmanI

If the sway bar and endlinks are for an STi, then it will fit perfect on the XT. The XT shares prety much everything with an 04-07 STi. 

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
Ahhh, I think the bar is for a WRX.  :-/  Think I can still make it work?  I'm kind of fond of this bar hahaha. 

IBratmanI

It might work, but it won't be right. And the endlinks won't fit right either. The STi and FXT endlinks are straight, the GC and WRX endlinks are C shaped.

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
Hmmm.  What if I change out the rear lateral arms for WRX ones?  

(Or at least aftermarket adjustable ones for WRX Fitment)

Matt

I thought the only difference between wrx and sti bars was the overall length. Sti is wider so it would bolt to the link on the wrong side.

IBratmanI

Not sure on changing the lateral links. Yes link is a factor, but I'm pretty sure the bends are a little different too. 

SUBARUDE

One thing you will also need to do when doing larger sways in the rear of a xt it reinforcements to the endlinks brackets

Your best bet is to go over to subaruforester.org and do a lot of research before getting over your head in swapping stuff

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
Well, Snowball has gone to his new home now.  A very stoked young man from Bethel picked him up, with the promise that he'd fix the rust.  Couldn't have gone to a better kid.  I'm quite pleased that someone will love it as much as I did.  I told him about the site too, hopefully he joins! 

Latest posts

Back