Urabus's Subarus

urabusturbo

IMGP0440.jpg

motor is finally back from Butlers! New parts include ACL bearings, CP pistons custom made, and Eagle rods. They also bored it and polished the crank. Now to put it all back together and toss is in the car.

Last edited by a moderator:

fattie

fat kid
IMGP0440.jpg

motor is finally back from Butlers! New parts include ACL bearings, CP pistons custom made, and Eagle rods. They also bored it and polished the crank. Now to put it all back together and toss is in the car.
lookin good. what did that run you ?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Awesome!! When you say they bored it, is it more than a 2.2 now?! Keep me updated!

urabusturbo

lookin good. what did that run you ?
several doll hairs

Awesome!! When you say they bored it, is it more than a 2.2 now?! Keep me updated!
it was just bored slightly, i have seen some pretty awesome 2.3 stroker builds but I am trying to stay closer to stock specs

SWEET!! can't wait to see the progress from here!
I am pretty psyched myself, it has been a lot of work so far and I haven't even begun the to do the real fun stuff yet.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Sweet ride man. I hear all about your cars/shantytown shenenigans from the Bekit brothers. Who drives that rx7? I see it screamin all over gray all the time

urabusturbo

Sweet ride man. I hear all about your cars/shantytown shenenigans from the Bekit brothers. Who drives that rx7? I see it screamin all over gray all the time
Thanks! Adam seems to always wind up here whenever I have fires out back. My roommate Ben drives the 7, it has no torque but once boost hits the thing screams. He destroys rear tires like its his job, you have probably seen the aftermath at various intersections around here.

urabusturbo

Update time!

430629_430045367054625_2144023771_n.jpg

I finally got the car over to the Meyagi shop to begin the transformation

72127_430045593721269_419455171_n.jpg

had to get the subframe, hubs and crossmember out of the old car

29582_434745313251297_1865302416_n.jpg

removed the stock 2.2 motor and cleaned up the bay. Mike got onto a tucking/hiding streak and moved my fuel filter, hood latch cable, headlight wires, and removed anything that is no longer needed. We also had to replace the front radiator pan because the old one would not work with my koyo radiator and was smashed anyways. A hole on the firewall had to be made for the clutch master.

IMGP0048-1.jpg

switching the pedals was no fun. I removed the drivers seat to give myself more room so work with. To fit the pedal assembly you need to lower the steering column and it is a huge pain to make it fit... so much swearing....

IMGP0040-1.jpg

Everything came out from beneath the car very easily. This car does not seem 20 years old, I have seen many many cars less than half its age with tons of rust. I am so happy I found this shell.

IMGP0055-2.jpg

This is the old subframe diff and hubs that came out. Still solid but I was not about to put any old rusty crap back onto the car.

IMGP0054-3.jpg

r180 diff and Sti subframe. Everything going back on the car is cleaned and painted with POR-15 paint as well.

IMGP0062.jpg

My Brembo brakes painted black about to get a thick coat of clear. I was nervous about painting them but they look amazing and suit the car much better than gold imho.

Vecken

saw this when you guys were just beginning to pull the motor, i can't wait to see how it turns out!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Sweet!! Looks great so far. I know you're itching to get it all together so you can drive it!

urabusturbo

IMGP0125_zps96ac2b18.jpg

IMGP0126_zps4a1604d3.jpg

The car is finally back from Meyagis! I am still breaking it in but with the higher compression motor and the updated Robtune it feels like a whole new animal. I could never have completed this project without Mikes help. His workmanship speaks for itself when looking at this build. We were able to hide and tuck several items and we always took time to make things look organized and clean. I still have a ton left to do on the car but I can finally drive it again and that makes the entire effort worth while.

Bperry41

Looking awesome Dave, all the dedication and hard work is definitely showing. One of my favorite cars on the forum for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
This is one of my favorite cars on here, awesome job you guys, I love the attention to detail! You might have some competition from Matt's new old car though Dave
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back