Urabus's Subarus

urabusturbo

[/uR]

I did some more work today. All jams are done as well as under the trunk and hood. I went with steel gray metallic for the color. I will be going with three coats of clear and plan on wet sanding for a perfect finish.

Last edited by a moderator:

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Looks awesome! That Legacy should last you quite some time with all the care, and attention to detail you and Mike have done to it. It's pretty inspirational to me, makes me aspire to care more about my paint and bodywork.

urabusturbo

I have not had time to install it but I know It will fit. Putting on the inlet is the easy part, I still need to install a new power steering setup and have mike re-make one of my charge pipes.

sooch

Type-RA
hands down my favorite car on this site. Glad to see you are giving it the proper treatment in the paint department.

keep it up dave, this thing is sick!! 
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

urabusturbo

The car is all painted now! Going to be buffing and re assembling tomorrow.

also ghetto painted my Advans black. Zero f@#%s were given because I will be powdercoating them as soon as I can afford new tires and an alignment. I cant wait for the annual meet Saturday. I am looking forward to putting it on the dyno and getting nice pics next to Mikes wagon.

urabusturbo

The new paint job is done! I still need to install my rear door handles and ra mudflaps. My friend Joe painted this car in a small garage in Litchfield and did a damn thorough job over the the last week. All the rust was ground and replaced with new metal and the finish work on the paint it top notch. I really hate that I live on a dirt road because I am gonna be pretty anal about keeping it clean. Next comes tint.

urabusturbo

I have been slacking on the updates for this thread...

went to the annual meet and put the car on a dyno. I made 263whp. Pretty happy with that number but I want to eventually get to 300+ territory.

a few days before the Wicked big meet I had my windows tinted by Jun. I opted for the legal 35% all around.

Went to wbm and put over 400 miles on the car. Ran great the entire day. Before I parked it for the night I decided this was a good idea

Needless to say I am enjoying the car and have no qualms about pushing it to its limits. Why build a fun car if you don't beat the hell out of it now and then amiright? I still have a few things to address. Most urgently is the power steering setup. I will be swapping in a newer unit that will allow me to run the intake inlet under the manifold the way god intended. I also need to install a catch can and get an alignment. I have bigger plans in the future but for now I just want to enjoy it and try to not get in trouble.

Latest posts

Back