Spring Group Drive

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Hrm.. I went across the Kanc today... twas quite brisk too.. I think I hit 80s a few times..
default_biggrin.png
and got a dirty look by a guy in a prius when I passed him..
default_biggrin.png
We pissed off a lady in a Jeep on the fall drive. When we stopped for a break/group photo on the side of the road she passed a few minutes later with her horn on the whole way past all of us. It was pretty funny.

Matt

i voted for sunday but now i think about it.....it doesn't matter.....where are we going????

Tyler

I should be in and I'll try to convince my Dad again! I think he's learned to use his clutch a little better ...
default_cool.png
I say later in May!

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Do the drive near up this way, like bah habaaaa, it will be more likely I can go.

GClark

One issue with Bar Harbor is that it's going to be a long day. I wouldn't have a problem with this, since, after all, we are a car club and we should drive our cars more...

If we have group meet in Lewiston area for the southern guys, then drive up to Augusta where the northern guys will meet us, we then can get off the highway and take rt 3 to Bar Harbor. If we didn't want to do that, we could meet in Brunswick and take RT 1 up, which is a beautiful drive the whole way up. Another issue with Bah Hahbah is the traffic. As a big group, we would be separated fairly often because of traffic lights, DONKEY holes, and DONKEY holes. Maybe two groups this time and all meet right before Bar Harbor and drive in together?

When we get to Bar Harbor, I think it would be neat to drive up Cadillac Mt for lunch and pictures. After that, fill up at a gas station and head home. Maybe a different road on the way back..

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I'm all for doing it, even if it is a long day. It's over an hour for me to get to Lewiston for our group drive to N.H. So it really isn't much farther. And if it's too far for some people, than we can accomadate those people with the next drive and have it back down that way. And I think we can deal with traffic, there was a fair amount on the Kanc too.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Down rt1 would be great because I live just a few miles from rt1... Else, we'll have to have a mass meeting place at Bar Harbor.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Down rt1 would be great because I live just a few miles from rt1... Else, we'll have to have a mass meeting place at Bar Harbor.
National Park police in Acadia are a bit touchy about large group drives on Cadillac, due to repeated misadventures with Lambo/Porsche/BMW club drives. Before showing up with 50 loud rambunctious Scoobs, it might be wise to touch base with the park rangers to see what the ground rules are. If they know a group drive is coming they're less likely to pull everybody over, "WTF is goin on, boyz?!!?"

There are also some awesome twisty back roads on nearby peninsulas, like Ellsowrth to Surry on 176 thru Blue Hill then 175 up thru Penobscot then 199 bak to Orland/Bucksport. Grab a DeLorme, you can cover 100 miles of fun roads and beautiful scenery while going 30 miles point to point. Super excellent ocean overlooks, picnic sites, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
National Park police in Acadia are a bit touchy about large group drives on Cadillac, due to repeated misadventures with Lambo/Porsche/BMW club drives. Before showing up with 50 loud rambunctious Scoobs, it might be wise to touch base with the park rangers to see what the ground rules are. If they know a group drive is coming they're less likely to pull everybody over, "WTF is goin on, boyz?!!?"

There are also some awesome twisty back roads on nearby peninsulas, like Ellsowrth to Surry on 176 thru Blue Hill then 175 up thru Penobscot then 199 bak to Orland/Bucksport. Grab a DeLorme, you can cover 100 miles of fun roads and beautiful scenery while going 30 miles point to point. Super excellent ocean overlooks, picnic sites, etc.
^This.

And 987, we could also have a meeting place somewhere this side of Bar Harbor as well.

Latest posts

Back