Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Kancamangus/White Mountains

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Bethel Route

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come up RT 1 and jump right onto 209, we would be in and out of bath in 2 minutes. Once were out there the only people who can bug us is a statey if they feel like coming and who cares really. Its freaking popham. I lived there for many years, people dont give a hoot. And, where the parking is by the fort, nobody lives so we wouldnt be bugging anyone. It would also make for super elite pictures. Plus, were talking about spring, not summer. Very little tourist issues
You must not have lived there in the past 5 or so years as the Phippsburg Police Department has gotten pretty picky and will nail you for something like 5 mph over the speed limit. I am often down there for work and what not during school vacations.

Maxxguy25RS

No matter where we go, there will always be someone who has a problem with a bunch of people hanging out. I've never been on a drive before, so I hope to attend this one and hope that it will be awesome. Wherever we go, we are going to be " those people" to put a generalization on it. But if someone asks, I know we are all nice and easy going and they will see that too.

roadtrip1098

The ride up to Sugarloaf is usually pretty decent. If we wait till the snow melts, there's no skiers, and it'll be too muddy for the logging trucks, so mostly open roads, good scenery, ect. Bike clubs do that ride all the time. I even think there was a BMW meet there last spring. Also It's getting to that time of year where the Friday night Cruise ins start happening up in Waterville on KMD. Waterville is pretty car club friendly.

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
The ride up to Sugarloaf is usually pretty decent. If we wait till the snow melts, there's no skiers, and it'll be too muddy for the logging trucks, so mostly open roads, good scenery, ect. Bike clubs do that ride all the time. I even think there was a BMW meet there last spring. Also It's getting to that time of year where the Friday night Cruise ins start happening up in Waterville on KMD. Waterville is pretty car club friendly.
I have never personally been a huge fan of the meet-ups on KMD. But that's my personal opinion/preference. The spring ride up to Sugarloaf does sound decent though, any other members have feedback on that or have done a drive there before around that time?

Matt

I kind of like the idea of that drive. I think it would be a good central location for everyone to meet up. Someone want to figure a good route. I havnt lived in Waterville in about 9 years....

42012RS

I'm in for a trip to Sugarloaf! Dirt roads go out around flagstaff, but are quite rough. long falls dam is twisty, and turns to dirt at dead river, great place for bbq if its not packed full of campers.

lfdr_zpsfbec2341.png

Route from Kingfield

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=204483348663022427580.0004c4f98f01106fae304

Plenty more info if needed

Last edited by a moderator:

AiRX

The more open the road, the better the drive. Hate stop and go BS.

I've been practicing my driving skills (right here in my lazy boy) all winter!

Spiller1327

Only issue with a rangeley drive is the frost heaves are immense right now. Wait till summer for a drive up around here

roadtrip1098

I kind of like the idea of that drive. I think it would be a good central location for everyone to meet up. Someone want to figure a good route. I havnt lived in Waterville in about 9 years....
Waterville is a good hub because it's pretty central, then you can head towards Oakland and the Belgrade lakes region which has some decent roads, or head through Winslow out to China then back track through Unity or to Owls Head and all that, or keep going out down to the Belfast area.....  My only reasoning on doing the Sugarloaf trip earlier than later is that right now there aren't a ton of logging trucks on the roads because the wood lots are all mudded up. Last spring there weren't many frost heaves, but I haven't been out that way this year. Once the mud dries, the Sugarloaf trip will be at about 35MPH following trucks everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back