The life, death, and ressurection of a king.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Mike, you know if I were selling it you'd be the first one to get it and I'd give you a stupid good deal on it...

but I'm fixing the RS and rallying the hell out of it.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I'm off of work all next week. I'm drinking a metric POOP ton of beer and working on the RS to get it running again.

I've got access to 3 4.11 transmissions. I'm bound to find enough parts to make one good one.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
This weeks going to be crazy. We're pulling the motor on pops race mustang before my RS gets touched. I'm tearing open #2 (4.11 RS from ray) to figure out what broke and how they work and go together. I'll try and get pics with sis's DSLR, but if she goes back to school before I get 'er open I'll have to use our crappy kodak or my camera phone. I still haven't figured out where I'll be tearing them down. Probably going to be a table in my bedroom, LOVE doing that out in the cold garage.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Hello old girl.

2010-12-30%2009.21.28.jpg

Lets get you warmed up a little bit. I know your metal parts are cold, but my heart is still warm for you.

Tucked away on jack stands in the garage, daddy's going to make you feel all shiny and new.

(I've completely lost my mind)

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
It's okay precious, you're safe now.

2010-12-30%2014.49.52.jpg

Four jack stands and two jacks caressing you're beautiful unibody.

Three ours of quality time we spent together tonight. Leisurely exploring, disconnecting electricals, I remove the exhaust, unbolt the transmission bolts. She's all ready to have the transmission dropped tomorrow morning, all that's left is drive-shaft, front shafts, and transmission cross member.

2010-12-30%2018.29.15.jpg

The bolts carefully hamfisted through a piece of cardboard and tribal like notes scrawled around them.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I was wondering if that could be it... especially coming with the axles, hubs, diff, etc.

Latest posts

Back