The life, death, and ressurection of a king.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I was wondering if that could be it... especially coming with the axles, hubs, diff, etc.
Yeah, it's a good thing he had it all, because the clutch setup and the axles are different from my NA stuff. The clutch is pull type instead of push type. The axles have the stubs instead of the diff and trans. More work, but worth it for the extra strength + gearing + VLSD.

Who the hell is Chris?
987687. You can change your account name when every you want now.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Awesome dude!! I bet he gave you a great deal too. I know he wanted to free up space in his garage!

IBratmanI

And, lol I had those rear hubs and axles at my place for a while. The rear 2 pot adapters wouldn't come off at his place so I brought them back and took them off at my place. Can't wait to see the progress!!

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
While the Jeep is solid, reliable, and a good rig. I miss my rally slut.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

This weekend I'll be organizing the garage, hopefully making room in one of the bays to park the RS. We've got two race cars and a project CJ5, a ton of parts, over 30 tires, plus my motorcycle and other toys; and 4 tons of pellets for the stove... A two bay garage isn't cutting it.

Hopefully I can get POOP sorted out Sunday and next weekend get the RS dug out and on jack stands so I can start chipping away at the drivetrain swap.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
2011-02-12%2010.39.20.jpg

6 spokes I had to move into the breezeway while reorganizing the garage.

2011-02-12%2015.55.27.jpg

The mustang was blocking in the RS. The Jeep took care of that problem.

2011-02-12%2015.55.42.jpg

KrazyKarpenter dug around the RS and stang. We got the hitch on the Jeep and after he left I pulled out the stang and the RS.

2011-02-12%2016.34.41.jpg

Where I left off. In the garage and all the parts organized. I wanted to get the diff/axles swapped today, but the Jeep hitch ended up taking way too long since it's a Maine vehicle.

I plan to plug away at it more tomorrow, but I've got to get the plow Jeep fixed first.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
2011-02-17%2018.39.36.jpg

Stop by my friends shop and grabbed the head of his transmission jack plus clutch alignment tools.

The whole transmission jack is too tall to get under the RS when it's just on jack stands... so the idea is you take the head off the trans jack, put in an impact socket into the receiver, then put the trans jack head + impact socket into a regular floor jack. Allows for easy reinstall of the transmission rather then having to bench press it.

I'd be working on it tonight, but I got home late from running errands plus picking this up. Plus the bigger reason my back is KILLING me. I've got a bad back (family history), so I'm taking tonight off.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Rear diff is in. Clutch master/slave cylinders are in. Pass front axle is in.

Clutch, PP, Flywheel out, fxt goes in tomorrow.

Rear end is ready to be assembled, but I'm doing all the lat link and control arm bushings, so that wont go together just yet.

Trans should be ready to go in tomorrow.

Still have the drivers front axle stuck in the knuckle, it ain't budgin'. Torch, sledge hammer, nothin'.

IBratmanI

Awesome!! Looks like it won't be too much longer till it is up and running again!!

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
A while back I ordered a gauge setup for the LGT. The oil light issues were bothering me, so I got an oil pressure gauge and threw in a boost gauge on the order. Well since the LGT is gone and I've got these gauges..... The RS will get the oil pressure gauge and the mustang will get the boost gauge. Win win.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Worked all day on the car. Rear diff is in and tightened down. Most of the rear suspension is unbolted and ready for the TiC bushing set. Rear right hub is back in and the drum is reassembled. Old clutch/flywheel/pp setup is out, new setup is ready to go in after being clean and the TOB and other bearing thing changed. Fixed my trans crossmember that had some issues with bolts. Moved my wiring for the trans switches onto the FXT box. Got the last axle unstuck from the front hub. The wheel bearing was trashed in the process, so I'm bringing it into VIP near work to see if they can put a new one in for a reasonable price, fuck doing it myself.

Trans jack wont fit under the car. I'm going to have to do it the old fashion way and get multiple people to bench press it in or get creative with a floor jack. Fuck

Now all I'm waiting on is getting the rear end bushings, getting the front wheel bearing, and getting the trans in. Once all that is done, reassembly should take an afternoon.

2011-03-06%2013.24.25.jpg

Take that axle.

Latest posts

Back